Sync with Google Drive

Help
Anonymous
2013-09-06
2013-09-30

• Anonymous
    2013-09-06

Hello,
    I have both apps installed, and I my Google account linked to the Sync App. However for the life of me I can not get the sync to work, My Google drive shows at the bottom of the app but when I touch the Google drive, it says no files. I have pushed the sync button numerous times. I am so confused on what I am doing wrong. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Ciao~

• Jeff Harris
      Jeff Harris
      2013-09-07

Are you seeing any errors in the sync log in PasswdSafe Sync. You can see the log from the clock menu icon in the Sync app. The app only syncs .psafe3 files from your Google Drive.

Jeff

• Anonymous
    2013-09-10

I have the same problem.
    I have Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 10.1 4G.
    Both have PasswdSafe and PasswdSafeSync installed.
    Both have Download/myfile.pwsafe3 as the local file, manually copied from other device to other. And both can show the same list of passwords.

Now when one new account item is added on another device, and sync is done in both devices in PasswdSafeSync, the other device does not get this new item in its list. Clicking google drive in PasswdSafeSync also gives "no files".

Overall there is instructions missing how this PasswdSafeSync is suppose to work. What directories, filenames shoud be used? When sync has been done in the background (1 hour update) to where the synced file goes to? Should PasswdSafe always now opened via PasswdSafeSync or how?

So, good simple step by step howto would be needed.

• Jeff Harris
      Jeff Harris
      2013-09-11

PasswdSafe Sync doesn't sync arbitrary files from the device. Upload the .psafe3 (not .pwsafe3) file to your account on Google Drive, and then sync should see it. I suppose I should update the description a bit to note that you should start by uploading the file to the Drive or Dropbox.

Jeff

• Anonymous
    2013-09-11

ok. thanks. What I did, was to delete Google sync account and added Dropbox account. Then from the mobile phone's file manager, I selected myfile.psafe3 and used the built in Easy Share function to upload it to Dropbox (Google Drive is missing in the Easy Share selection) to the PasswdSafe directory there.
    Then it started to work in PasswdSafeSync.

When file has been opened from Dropbox, and new item (user+pass) is added to the database, when does the updated file go to Dropbox? Immediately, after PasswdSafe program has been closed, or after one hour? What if there is no network after the database has been modified and PasswdSafe program is terminaten?

If there is no network, the backupfile can be used to access the records, but I guess no modifications allowed to this backupfile?

Does the backup file go to the same directory what has been set in the PasswdSafe configuration as a default path, or to somewhere else to the filesystem? (Would want it to go to the external sd-card to the directory PasswdSafe)

• Jeff Harris
      Jeff Harris
      2013-09-12

When a change is made to a file and the file is saved, it should be uploaded to Dropbox as soon as network connectivity allows. I use the Dropbox Sync API to handle all of the interaction with the service. If there is no connectivity, the file remains cached on the device, and that file is used when opened until it can be synced to Dropbox. I don't have control where the Dropbox API puts the files, but it should be in the private file storage for the app.

Jeff

• Anonymous
    2013-09-30

I ran into the same issue with Google Drive. It turns out, when you try to sync Google Drive wants authorization to allow they sync. A notice appears in the status bar but it's not at all obvious. Pull down your status bar and select the notice and authorize the sync and it will work.

• Jeff Harris
      Jeff Harris
      2013-09-30

That authorization method is built into the Drive SDK. The Dropbox method is nicer where you get a screen and a button that authorizes access.

Jeff

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments