Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Trouble gathering results

Help
2009-06-19
2013-04-29
  • Woody Anderson
    Woody Anderson
    2009-06-19

I use the PartCover GUI and I've saved several configurations for easy use.  However, after updating to NUnit 2.5, I can't seem to get any output from my tests.  I've even tried the following rule

+[*]*

which should include everything, but my namespace is not listed.  any ideas what could be wrong?  I know that with NUnit 2.5 they changed the directory structure of the exacutable, but I don't know if that would cause this problem.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Woody

• Woody Anderson
      Woody Anderson
      2009-06-19

Here are my complete settings from the Run Target... dialog in the GUI

Target
           Executable File = C:\Program Files\NUnit 2.5\bin\net-2.0\nunit.exe
           Working Directory = C:\Program Files\NUnit 2.5\bin\net-2.0
           Working Arguments =

Rules
      +[*]*

None of the loggin options are checked.

I've tried a more specific rule with no change. I figured +[*]* would find everything.  Instead it finds everything but my stuff.

• Loginov Oleg
      Loginov Oleg
      2009-06-19

what partcover version do you use?

• Woody Anderson
      Woody Anderson
      2009-06-23

It's version 2.3.0.18745.

This seemed to become more of a problem when I installed the very latest build.

• Loginov Oleg
        Loginov Oleg
        2009-06-23

Ok. then some more questions

For 2.3.0.18745:
        1) Did you use console version of NUnit or gui one?

For latest:
        2) could you please describe your problems? It will help in identifying the roots

• Woody Anderson
      Woody Anderson
      2009-06-25

2.3.0.18745 is the latest version I'm referring too.  I thought it was the latest, but it is more recent than what I had before.  I do not know which version I had before.

I was using the gui. I haven't messed with the command line.

thanks

• Loginov Oleg
        Loginov Oleg
        2009-06-25

nunit gui  version runs test in another AppDomain (specific for .NET CLR).
        I'm not sure if 18745 manage with that, but 35109 - does gather infromation if assembly was loaded in other domain too.

So here are two ways: use NUnit console with 18745, or NUnit gui with 35109

• Woody Anderson
      Woody Anderson
      2009-07-06

Thanks, upgrading to 35109 did the trick.  I appreciate the help.