Menu

Intel x64 support

2009-07-03
2013-05-20
  • Derek Baikie

Derek Baikie - 2009-07-03

hi,

I would like to builld this library using intel 64bit libraries on both windows and linux, and was wondering whether anyone has looked into supporting this?

• Matt Wilson

Matt Wilson - 2009-07-03

Can you be more specific. Which libraries do you mean?

Pantheios has been built - and is being used commercially - in both 32 and 64 bit guise on WIndows and on Linux.

• Derek Baikie

The build environment I use is Intel c++.
        Looking at the \build directory, I can see icl11.win32; but builds for icl11 x64 o windows or linux.

I did try to build using the icl11.win32 makefile and the 64bit compiler but got an error almost immediately:
        ..\..\src\backends\bec.fprintf.cpp(78): error #811: exception specification for
        implicitly declared virtual function "be_fprintf_Context::~be_fprintf_Context" i
        s incompatible with that of overridden function "pantheios::util::backends::Cont
        ext::~Context"
          class be_fprintf_Context
                ^

compilation aborted for ..\..\src\backends\bec.fprintf.cpp (code 2)

-Derek

• Derek Baikie

sorry meant to say -  can see icl11.win32; but no builds for icl11 x64 on windows or linux.

will try the 64bit again with the latest patch as this is probably causing the compile break on Windows.

• Derek Baikie

Derek Baikie - 2009-07-04

Using latest patch, and Intel x64 compiler, the build stops pretty quickly.

-Derek

Output as follows:
      D:\Dev\stlsoft\include\stlsoft/stlsoft.h(2363): error: function template "stlsof
      t::suppress_unused_func(R (__cdecl *)(A0))" has already been defined
        inline void suppress_unused_func(R (STLSOFT_FASTCALL *)(A0))
                    ^

D:\Dev\stlsoft\include\stlsoft/stlsoft.h(2368): error: function template "stlsof
      t::suppress_unused_func(R (__cdecl *)())" has already been defined
        inline void suppress_unused_func(R (STLSOFT_STDCALL *)())
                    ^

D:\Dev\stlsoft\include\stlsoft/stlsoft.h(2371): error: function template "stlsof
      t::suppress_unused_func(R (__cdecl *)(A0))" has already been defined
        inline void suppress_unused_func(R (STLSOFT_STDCALL *)(A0))
                    ^

compilation aborted for ..\..\src\util\be.context.cpp (code 2)
      NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Compiler\11.1\035\Bin\ intel64\icl.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
      Stop.

• Matt Wilson

Matt Wilson - 2009-07-07

Ok, I see.

What needs to be done it to have the STLSoft libraries perform the 32/64-bit discrimination for Intel compilation that it does for VC++ compilation.

I'll take a look at this, but I don't have a 64-bit Intel compiler, so I may need to get you to trial the changes for me. I trust that'll be ok.

Will get back to you shortly.

Matt

• Matt Wilson

Matt Wilson - 2009-07-08

I've made a first attempt. Please d/l the patch here - https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2818312&group_id=141831&atid=750759 - and let me know how that goes.

Cheers

Matt

• Matt Wilson

Matt Wilson - 2009-07-11

Just checking up whether you've tried the patch? :-)

Cheers

Matt

• P. Berger

P. Berger - 2012-09-18

Hello Matt,
    I know this topic is quite old, but I would like to say that I would love to have Intel x64 support, too and would be willing to help out with testing. I do not know if it is appropriate to write this in this topic, but I also need support for the new Intel Compiler 13.

Is the patch you posted still relevant to the current version of Pantheios (beta214)?
    Is there also a patch for STLSoft to support Intel Compiler in v. 13?