This release adds a number of new input and output projections, a new command-line tool, documentation, cleanups and bugfixes.
This is a beta release for bug testers.
New projections supported: equisolid, panini, multi-plane projections, orthographic, mirror, architectural.
Lots of minor bug fixes and probably some new bugs.
Basic man pages for most of the command-line tools.
New tool PTAinterpolate replacement for PTInterpolate.
The following projects are scheduled for completion by August 31 2007:
Pedro Alonso from Spain, mentored by Herbert Bay from Switzerland, will develop a new algorithm to identify better control points, so critical to the stitching process
Ippei Ukai from Japan currently in Scotland, mentored by Yuval Levy from Israel currently in Canada, will produce a new user interface to make this versatile tools even easier to use on multiple platforms (Windows/Mac/Linux/Unix)... read more
Hugin and panotools are participating in google Summer of Code 2007, where students are paid by Google to work on hugin and/or panotools and mentored by experts in the field.
Some suitable projects are listed on the panotools wiki: http://wiki.panotools.org/SoC2007_projects
The deadline for student applications is 24th March 2007. Application details can be found here: http://wiki.panotools.org/Google_SoC_2007
This is a test release, it contains many small bugfixes, some new features and lots of internal rearrangement.
So please test this release and report any bugs, the next stable release will probably be 2.9.0.
* Many bugfixes and optimisations for using 'Cropped TIFF' output with PTmender (Max Lyons and Daniel M. German).
* Better exit codes on failure (Max Lyons and Daniel M. German).... read more
This release contains many small bugfixes and a number of useful new
Four new projection types have been added (Pablo d'Angelo)
* Stereographic (use f4 in the 'p-line')
* Mercator (use f5 in the 'p-line')
* Transverse mercator (use f6 in the 'p-line')
* Sinusoidal (use f7 in the 'p-line')
Testing is required for the next release of libpano12:
There are tar.gz and zip versions of the sourcecode, plus a zip archive containing compiled win32 versions of pano12.dll, PTOptimizer.exe, PTmender.exe, PTblender.exe, etc...
* Any failure to compile
* New features that don't work as advertised
* Old features that are now broken
* Problems interacting with existing applications
* Anything else that seems a bit fishy... read more