Help
2013-02-22
2013-04-23
  • André Saunite
    André Saunite
    2013-02-22

Hi,

I've downloaded the new version (4.5.1) and already found some issues.

1. When using a KeepPassX database with a high value of Encryption Rounds, PAC performs really slow, it takes long to load anything, (right click context menu on active connection, preferences menu), but the most annoying is that when opening a new connection the whole PAC freezes for a while until the connection is made.

2. I changed the encryption rounds on my KeepPassX database, and it made the above problems go away, but when I changed it, PAC for some reason couldn't find the KeepPassX database file anymore, and when I tried to perform a new connection PAC gave a message warning it could not find the KeepPassX file and then freeze completely (I needed to kill PAC after that).

3. Tray icon on KDE don't work anymore, even after installing the libgtk2-appindicator-perl package. (It was working perfectly fine on previous versions).

BR
    André Saunite

1. when opening a new connection, the whole PAC freezes for a while (until the connection is performed), leaving PAC completely unusable while the connection is being performed. (It seems to me it happens when using a KeepPassX database with high Encryption Rounds).

2. Probably because of problem 1, if I try to open a connection and PAC cannot find the KeepPassX file, PAC completely freezes.

3. the new tray icon don't work at all with KDE.

4. Probably related to 1 and 2, the right click context menu on an active connection still takes some time when using a database with high encryption rounds, (up to 2 or 3 seconds in the few tests I've made).

5. Clicking on the preferences menu takes a while to load too, I thought it was the same issue with the KeepPassX, but it doesn't seem like it.

Also, I have a suggestion, when checking in the KeepPassX database, is it possible to search also for the URL (which in my database is the IP address of the node) instead of only the name when matching? Or even put an option so the user can specify any KeepPassX entry to use with any connection even if there is no match of anything?

Thanks a lot.

BR
    André Saunite

• André Saunite
    André Saunite
    2013-02-22

Please, ignore the previous message, I clicked on Send before it was read, the correct one is below:

Hi,

I've downloaded the new version (4.5.1) and already found some issues.

1. When using a KeepPassX database with a high value of Encryption Rounds, PAC performs really slow, it takes long to load anything, (right click context menu on active connection, preferences menu), but the most annoying is that when opening a new connection the whole PAC freezes for a while until the connection is made.

2. I changed the encryption rounds on my KeepPassX database, and it made the above problems go away, but when I changed it, PAC for some reason couldn't find the KeepPassX database file anymore, and when I tried to perform a new connection PAC gave a message warning it could not find the KeepPassX file and then freeze completely (I needed to kill PAC after that).

3. Tray icon on KDE don't work anymore, even after installing the libgtk2-appindicator-perl package. (It was working perfectly fine on previous versions).

Also, I have a suggestion, when checking in the KeepPassX database, is it possible to search also for the URL (which in my database is the IP address of the node) instead of only the name when matching? Or even put an option so the user can specify any KeepPassX entry to use with any connection even if there is no match of anything?

Thanks,
    André Saunite

• Hi!

Sorry, I found some bugs.
    Please, check out PAC 4.5.1.1, and let me know if it worked
    And sorry for the inconvenience… :(

- David.

• André Saunite
    André Saunite
    2013-02-25

Hi!

No inconvenience at all! Actually any inconvenience PAC generates is far less than the inconvenience it helps to avoid, I don't think I can get back to living without PAC ever again! ;)

About the issues, I tried the new version (4.5.1.1) and notice that now I can see the tray icon in KDE, but before I was able to left click on it to make PAC minimize to tray and then click again to get it back from the tray, but now it doesn't seem to be working …

Oh, and by the way, I just notice that the Info tab still shows " * Welcome to PAC version 4.2.3 *"