Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Hide bottom buttons

Help
daroczig
2012-10-19
2013-04-23
  • daroczig
    daroczig
    2012-10-19

First of all (as being my first post about PAC manager): thank you very much for this great piece of software!

I would like to know how could I hide the bottom buttons so that the tab area would fill the whole screen, in most cases those are not needed at all. I have seen in the changelog that this feature was added in 2.5.4.4 ("Added an option to hide the most-bottom buttons"), but cannot find that option :(

I am on Arch Linux using PAC 4.4

• Hello,

did you solve this issue? I have a wide screen and the bottom buttons steal many space…

Andrea

• Hi!

No, not yet.
    I'm still thinking on how to do it "nice".

The "hide buttons" option is there to "hide" the "macros buttons", not for PAC standard buttons. That's why I'm still thinking in the best "gui" manner of doing it.

Thank you very much anyway!

- David.

• Thank you David!!!

I have a little idea. Let me know if you are interested :-)

Andrea

• Hi Andrea!
    Of course! I'm always interested in ideas ;) Just let me know! :)

- David.

• David,

my idea is to merge the 2 status bar in red in the image and move all the buttons in the connection pane. Add in the new status bar a little icon to view/hide the connection pane (as the first button in the actual row).

Thanks,
    Andrea

• Hi!

Nice!
    I just commited two changes:
    - totally removed PAC's bottom status bar (too many pixels to know how many terminals are opened)
    - added an option to hide the statu bar on the connection terminals

I'll keep an eye on the rest of the suggestions! :)

- David.

• David,

I just installed 4.5.0.1. Thank you very much!!!!

Andrea

• David,

I noticed that your mod works for ssh or telnet connection, but with rdp I have a black row as this image show:

I have this situation either with an old connection and with a new one.

Andrea