Menu

RDP - problem - Network Level Authentication

Help
2012-10-08
2013-04-23
  • Pål Kristiansen

Running Ubuntu 12.04 desktop 64-bit and PAC v4.3.1.3.

I can't connect with RDP to my win7 client and win2008r2 server if "Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (more secure)" is enabled on them.

I have tested with Remmina and it works from it, Remmica uses rdesktop to connect with RDP.

I can connect from PAC I set the Remote desktop setting on the win7 client and win2008r2 server to "Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop (less secure)".

• David Torrejón Vaquerizas

Hi!
    Please, simply try to uninstall "rdesktop", and install "xfreerdp". Then try again.
    If any error appear, delte that connection and re-create it.

Please, let me know if that solved your problem.
    - David.

• Pål Kristiansen

I have upgraded pac to v 4.4, removed rdesktop and installed freerdp-x11 (xfreerdp).
    The old connections did not work so I created a new connection to test with.

When I connect to the new connection I get this:

I get asked for password, but not the username and it's all in a console.

• Pål Kristiansen

Shouldn't it be possible in the preferences of pac to choose what rdp client to use? If different rdp client behave different.

Hmm…weird…
    Could you please start PAC from a terminal, in order to see any aoutput it may "spit"??
    Also, could you pleaes, send me screenshots of both the connection properties and RDP properties??

• Pål Kristiansen

screenshots series 1: connection not working.

screenshot 1: connection properties.

screenshot 2: rdp properties.

screenshot 3: connection and terminal.

• Pål Kristiansen

screenshots series 2: connection working but rdp starts in a new windows.

screenshot 1: connection properties.

screenshot 2: rdp properties.

screenshot 3: connected.

• Pål Kristiansen

screenshot 4: reconnected.

screenshots series 3: connection not working after rdesktop is reinstalled.

screenshot 1: connection failed.

Hi!
    Could you please replace your /opt/pac/lib/pac_conn file (backup it first!) with this one  http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4hp1o3p9h1wgrxu and try again?
    Please, let me know wether it worked or not.

- David.

• Pål Kristiansen

I have now replaced it and tested by creating a new connection, I could not see any difference. Same experience as the screenshots above shows.