Importing SecurCRT sessions

Mohamed
2011-08-28
2013-04-23
  • Mohamed
    Mohamed
    2011-08-28

Hello Freinds,
    first, i would like to thank the author and Team that make this dream become a  true on Linux world.
    i'm shiffting from Windows to ubuntu, i was using SecurCRT and all my sessions which is more than 500 session are there.
    is there any way to import them to PAC.

this will be so help full.

thanks again.

linux833

• Hello!

First, thanks a lot for your interest in PAC! :)

Alright, you are not the first person asking for that feature (and I already started looking for a solution some time ago!), but I realized that there is one *important* problem when looking at SecureCRT's connections files: the passwords are (of course!) encrypted, and I have no idea on how to decrypt them (for sure! ;)

So, the most I could do is try to convert as much of the information to PAC values, but anyway, passwords should be manually be entered. Does it worth it that I create some script to convert it to PAC, even if users still have to edit *all* the connections in order to change every password field manually?

- David.

• Mohamed
    Mohamed
    2011-08-29

Hello David,
    first i would like to thank you for your interest "Helping People".
    even to import Host name and IP will be %90 perfect to shift to PAC, really it's very nice, easy and flexable.

for me, configuring Cisco devices and some time troubleshooting need two or 3 windows to be an active on "same time".

this is what i found on PAC as well quick connect tab so lovely.

if possible to add one more feature which is one right click tab (copy and paste) will be so help full.

David, thanks alot for your cooperation and help.

Linux833

• Alright then, just give me some time to develop something usable! ;)

- David.

• Mohamed
    Mohamed
    2011-08-29

thanks David alot for your help and effort.

• Mohamed
    Mohamed
    2011-09-03

Hi David,

are you able to get any thing on this to be work.

thanks alot for your help.

Linux33

• Hello!!

Yes, I'm working on it, but please, a little bit of patience… :)

- David.

• Mohamed
    Mohamed
    2011-09-04

Thanks David, take your time and sorry for rushing you.

• No problem! :)

• Mehdi
    Mehdi
    2011-10-02

Hi David,

Any update about importing SecureCRT sessions to PAC?

• Hello!

Sorry, no SecureCRT updates by now…

• good morning, im looking for some help, it turns out that we are migrating from windows to ubuntu, but we use a telnet emulator called netterm, i found this pac manager very usefull but there is one problem, the function keys(F1,F2,F3) what i need is to emulate the linux text mode, like LINUX CONSOLE in netterm, but in pac in the option of terminal emulation i can only work with xterm? the problem is,for example, in the xterm when i press F1 it generates this string=^[[[0 and in the LINUX TEXT MODE generates this string=^[[[A thats what i need to my program runs how it has to run, is there any way to make that change with PAC

• Hello!

Well… it works for me (pressing any Fxx key works as expected depending on the app started on the connected terminal).

Please, try changing the "Terminal Emulation" under "Terminal options" in "Edit Connection" window and let me know if that worked.

- David.

• Mehdi
    Mehdi
    2011-10-17

Hi all,

How we can change "Terminal Emulation" in PAC? Using default terminal doesn't accept some linux commands, like "screen" and here's the error message:

# screen
    Please set a terminal type.

• Hi!

Terminal emulation (or at least, as much as Gnome2::Vte allows…) may be changed using a global option (whith will affect every connection) or a per connection option.

Please, "Edit" your connection -> goto "Terminal Options" tab -> then change the "Term Emulation" entry box to fit your needs. Save and restart that connection.

I don't pormise it may work for you, since the emulation capability is not provided by PAC itslef, but the VTE library behind it…

- David.

• Steve Easley
    Steve Easley
    2011-11-09

Another vote for SecureCRT importing. Having it import passwords is not big deal to me since I use ssh keys anyway.

• Dharsan
    Dharsan
    2012-02-16

Hello,

I am using PAC 3.3.10 version, but while doing right click paste is not working. please can you help me on this..

Regards,

dharsan

• Hi!

Please, specify what are you "pasting". Connections? Text on the Terminal?

- David.

• Dharsan
    Dharsan
    2012-02-24

Hi David,

Please can you me on this.

B/R

Dharsan

• Anonymous
    2012-12-09

hi,
    thx for pac manager, great job, anyway.
    I have a large management, about 500 appliance.
    How can i import that base (text file with only the name of host) easily to make my clusters.
    Fred