Problems in 4.5.3.8.1

Coque
2014-04-09
2014-04-24
  • Coque
    Coque
    2014-04-09

Hello

I'm pac's user in Ubuntu 12.04 and Debian Wheezy. Today I've updated to 4.5.3.8.1 and the main window of pac appears empty. I've tried to restart pac, the session and the machine, but the main window is still empty.

I run pac from command line and it showed the next error whenever I keypress "intro":

Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_widget_event: assertion `WIDGET_REALIZED_FOR_EVENT (widget, event)' failed at /opt/pac/lib/PACMain.pm line 364

In preferences I had the option "Iconified at start" enabled, then I've disabled this option and then the main window has appeared at last. So I have to disabled this option to work with pac, but I want to have this option enabled. Please David, would do you fix it?

Also I've detected another problem in 4.5.3.8.1, I can't connect to windows machines. When I lauch the windows connection (RDP) the main window of pac become disabled and the connection never it's established. I have to launch a local shell or a linux connection from icon to get the control of pac again.

While I've checked the problem of before paragraph I've realized that now I can't open the preferences dialog (previously "windows connection" problem I can open the preferences window) and whenever I try to open the preferences dialog the next error appears in .xsession-error:

Can't call method "set_sensitive" on an undefined value at /opt/pac/lib/PACConfig.pm line 516.
    ignoring at /opt/pac/lib/PACMain.pm line 364.

Thanks

Jorge

• Hi!

Please, tray PAC 4.5.3.9:

. Fixed nth bug regarding main window not showing when "start minimized" is selected ("blank window" bug!)

BTW: sorry for this mess... :(

• David

• Coque
    Coque
    2014-04-16

Hi David

The problem with blank window is fixed. Thank you

But the problem with windows connections still fails. When I lauch the connection, Pac open a new tab for the connection with red title and blank window. From this momment, Pac become unable and the only way to "activate" PAC is using the "Local Shell" option in icon of PAC. If I select that option, PAC open the new tab with local shell and I can use PAC again. The tab of Windows connection still have the red title and the blank window, but almost I can use PAC.

The current error in .xsession-error file when I try to launch a Windows connection is:

*** unhandled exception in callback:
    ***   Can't locate object method "get_visible" via package "Gtk2::VBox" at     /opt/pac/lib/PACTerminal.pm line 306.
    ***  ignoring at /opt/pac/lib/PACMain.pm line 1407.

Thanks

Jorge

• Hi!

Should be fixed in next PAC release (4.5.3.10)
    Please, stay tuned! :)

• David

• Coque
    Coque
    2014-04-24

Hi David

The problem with Windows connections is fixed already.

Thank you very much. Great Job!!!

Saludos

Jorge

• Hi!

As always, thanks to you for your patience! :)

• David.