#193 SSH with X11 forward

v1.0 (example)
open
nobody
None
5
2013-12-16
2013-12-16
Rui Cordeiro
No

Hi,

First of all thanks for all the work done, great tool.

I have one issue I detected on the last version with ssh and X11 forward.
When ever I open a connection to a server with ssh and X11 forward the connection just closes after less than a minute.
Everything works fine if I open the session from terminal.
I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 and PAC 4.5.3.3.

Any info more that I can give you to find out if it's a PAC problem?

Regards,

Related

Bugs: #193

Discussion

  • Hi!

    Please, send me a screenshot of PAC's whole screen when it disconnects, but include the "tooltip" that appears when you put the mouse cursor over the information toolbar at the bottom of the terminal (where is says either CONNECTED or DISCONNECTED, in order to see what happened before)

    • David.
     
    • Rui Cordeiro
      Rui Cordeiro
      2013-12-16

      <html>
      <head>
      <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
      </head>
      <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">

      Hi,



      Here it is:











      Regards,

      Rui Cordeiro

      Phone: +351 91 212 80 19
      Phone: +244 94 302 84 88
      E-mail: rmacordeiro@gmail.com


      On 16-12-2013 10:14, "David Torrejón Vaquerizas" wrote:




      Hi!


      Please, send me a screenshot of PAC's whole screen when it
      disconnects, but include the "tooltip" that appears when you
      put the mouse cursor over the information toolbar at the
      bottom of the terminal (where is says either CONNECTED or
      DISCONNECTED, in order to see what happened before)



      • David.




      [bugs:#193]
      SSH with X11 forward


      Status: open

      Created: Mon Dec 16, 2013 09:10 AM UTC by Rui
      Cordeiro

      Last Updated: Mon Dec 16, 2013 09:10 AM UTC

      Owner: nobody


      Hi,


      First of all thanks for all the work done, great tool.


      I have one issue I detected on the last version with ssh and
      X11 forward.

      When ever I open a connection to a server with ssh and X11
      forward the connection just closes after less than a minute.

      Everything works fine if I open the session from terminal.

      I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 and PAC 4.5.3.3.


      Any info more that I can give you to find out if it's a PAC
      problem?


      Regards,




      Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/pacmanager/bugs/193/


      To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/






      </body>
      </html>

       

      Related

      Bugs: #193

  • Alright, it looks like you should change "COMMAND prompt" for given connection to something like:

    Launching Route Explorer GUI...

    I thinks that's the problem: PAC is expecting something more like a classical shell prompt (or user/password prompts) to guess when a connection has been established. That's why you get a TIMEOUT after 30 seconds (as seen on the tooltip).

    Please, change the "Prompt RegExp" option for this connection (under "Terminal Options" -> "Use these personal settings") and try again.

    Let me know if that solved your problem.

    • David.
     
    • Rui Cordeiro
      Rui Cordeiro
      2013-12-16

      <html>
      <head>
      <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
      </head>
      <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">

      Hi,



      If I use manual user and pass it works just fine.

      What kind of RegExp should I put in? Just:

      Launching Route Explorer GUI...



      In between "" or ''?



      Regards,

      Rui Cordeiro

      Phone: +351 91 212 80 19
      Phone: +244 94 302 84 88
      E-mail: rmacordeiro@gmail.com


      On 16-12-2013 11:11, "David Torrejón Vaquerizas" wrote:




      Alright, it looks like you should change "COMMAND prompt" for
      given connection to something like:


      Launching Route Explorer GUI...


      I thinks that's the problem: PAC is expecting something more
      like a classical shell prompt (or user/password prompts) to
      guess when a connection has been established. That's why you
      get a TIMEOUT after 30 seconds (as seen on the tooltip).


      Please, change the "Prompt RegExp" option for this connection
      (under "Terminal Options" -> "Use these personal settings")
      and try again.


      Let me know if that solved your problem.



      • David.




      [bugs:#193]
      SSH with X11 forward


      Status: open

      Created: Mon Dec 16, 2013 09:10 AM UTC by Rui
      Cordeiro

      Last Updated: Mon Dec 16, 2013 09:14 AM UTC

      Owner: nobody


      Hi,


      First of all thanks for all the work done, great tool.


      I have one issue I detected on the last version with ssh and
      X11 forward.

      When ever I open a connection to a server with ssh and X11
      forward the connection just closes after less than a minute.

      Everything works fine if I open the session from terminal.

      I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 and PAC 4.5.3.3.


      Any info more that I can give you to find out if it's a PAC
      problem?


      Regards,




      Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/pacmanager/bugs/193/


      To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/






      </body>
      </html>

       

      Related

      Bugs: #193

  • No quotes at all, simply write:

    Launching Route Explorer GUI

    • David.
     
    • Rui Cordeiro
      Rui Cordeiro
      2013-12-16

      <html>
      <head>
      <meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type">
      </head>
      <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">

      Hi,



      Doesn't work, still get the timeout.



      Regards,

      Rui Cordeiro

      Phone: +351 91 212 80 19
      Phone: +244 94 302 84 88
      E-mail: rmacordeiro@gmail.com


      On 16-12-2013 14:37, "David Torrejón Vaquerizas" wrote:




      No quotes at all, simply write:


      Launching Route Explorer GUI



      • David.




      [bugs:#193]
      SSH with X11 forward


      Status: open

      Created: Mon Dec 16, 2013 09:10 AM UTC by Rui
      Cordeiro

      Last Updated: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:11 AM UTC

      Owner: nobody


      Hi,


      First of all thanks for all the work done, great tool.


      I have one issue I detected on the last version with ssh and
      X11 forward.

      When ever I open a connection to a server with ssh and X11
      forward the connection just closes after less than a minute.

      Everything works fine if I open the session from terminal.

      I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 and PAC 4.5.3.3.


      Any info more that I can give you to find out if it's a PAC
      problem?


      Regards,




      Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in https://sourceforge.net/p/pacmanager/bugs/193/


      To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/






      </body>
      </html>

       

      Related

      Bugs: #193