The Inverse Team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of PacketFence ZEN 1.8.2. This is a major release of PacketFence which includes many new features and bug fixes.
PacketFence ZEN consists of a fully installed and preconfigured version of PacketFence 1.8.2 inside a VMWare image. The ZEN edition of PacketFence allows you to rapidly get PacketFence running in your network environment.
PacketFence is an open-source network access control (NAC) system which provides an impressive list of supported features. Among them, there are : Registration, Detection of abnormal network activities, Proactive vulnerability scans, Isolation of problematic devices, Remediation through a captive portal, 802.1X, Wireless integration and DHCP fingerprinting
Changes since last release:
- enhanced integration of expire_mode and VLAN isolation (thanks to Maikel van der Roest)
- added many tests using Test::More (in the t subdirectory)
- correct process ID is now written into pid file by pfmon and pfredirect
- adjusted dependency checks in installer and the RPM spec file
- fixed SNMPv3 createUser command
- better handling of non-english installations
- removed unused icons and HTML files from web admin GUI
- renamed passive mode into arp mode in configurator templates
... and many more. See the CHANGES file in the PacketFence distribution for the complete list of changes.