Whatzup with the Documentation.

2006-10-24
2013-04-09
  • The Word Doc has all of these empty blocks of information where program information should appear. Perhaps you should redo it in PDF format. This way the tutorial "Your First Drawing" could be a real help. In addition, the command sets are really nice and all, but shouldn't we be able to use the standard "Windows GUI Command Set" too?

I am so glad that this is here and I really appreciate your creation but where are the "Images" that go with the product? Surely you have some, some where, don't you? Why aren't they inside of the Zip and is it to late to ask? How can I get your *.DLL for DOTNET? I would like to use this in our BF2 servers as it would look really great!

Thanks again so much,

wiskyjon@yahoo.com

Kansas City MO, USA.

• Curtis Wensley
      Curtis Wensley
      2006-10-29

The documentation has embedded images.  What are you using to view these documents?  I have tried Word 2000/2003 and OpenOffice 2 and it shows fine.

This product is used to create ansi/ascii images by hand, it does not provide them.  It is geared towards artists that used the classic DOS ansi/ascii editors like AcidDraw, so the keyboard shortcuts follow the same scheme.  Otherwise, it was found that if it didn't work the same, people didn't use it. (;

As for the .NET DLL, this is a different product which supports many different formats like RIP, XBIN, ADF, etc.  It is currently not complete/released, but is quite usable (as shown on www.sixteencolors.net).  I can send you a copy of it (along with a sample) to your email if you'd like. 

Cheers,
      Curtis.