No log output w/ any appender...

Help
Bobby
2005-05-20
2013-04-25
  • Bobby

Bobby - 2005-05-20

This is stumping me...
    I am using P6Spy w/ Apache OJB deployed on WebLogic 8.1 talking to an Oracle9i database.

I have a remote EJB session bean that does all my OJB<->database work.  I am currently using a straight JDBC connection in my OJB config and not using an app server datasource...meaning that OJB will use the DriverManager to get a connection instead of asking the app server for one.

I have set up so OBJ so that it uses the P6SpyDriver with my real url/username/password.  In the spy.properties file, I have setup the "realdriver" to be my Oracle driver.

I have the EJB deployed in an EAR.
    My EAR contains the p6spy.jar and the EJB jar contains the spy.properties file.

Now, I have a WAR that makes calls to the remote session bean to read/write data to the database.

Thing is, I see no logging when I deploy the EAR and WAR and hit a JSP that makes a call to the session bean. 

The session bean/OJB returns the data correctly, so I know that the P6Spy driver can read the properties file. I know this because it can hit the database and get the correct data when I call the method in the session bean.

Why would I not see ANY logging in my app server?  I assume that it is a classpath issue because when I run from the command line and set my classpath there, I DO see P6Spy logging...

• Bobby

Bobby - 2005-05-23

OK -
      I see the problem.  It might be a good idea to put this on the P6Spy documentation website:

The spy.properties file HAS to be loaded by either the same classloader that loaded the p6spy.jar OR the system classloader. 

It wasn't working for me because the p6spy.jar was loaded using the EAR clasloader, but the spy.properties file was loaded using the EJB classloader.