Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Linux inetlisteningservers port type

Help
2012-12-02
2013-07-15
  • Bill Lutton
    Bill Lutton
    2012-12-02

Hi all,

It appears that ovaldi requries a string type for the local_port element of the Linux InetListeningServers probe.  The spec seems to say that this is required to be an integer type.  Which is correct?

Thanks in advance,
    Bill L.

• Danny Haynes
    Danny Haynes
    2012-12-03

Actually, I forgot to say that you should follow the spec and it should be an "int".

Thanks,

Danny

• Bill Lutton
    Bill Lutton
    2012-12-03

Got it.

Thanks,
    Bill L.

• Hi all,

Is this problem about Linux inetlisteningservers port type resolved in version 5.10.1 build 5 of ovaldi?

I have executed a test with local_port elem and it has not worked. My inetlisteningservers object is:

<linux-def:inetlisteningservers_object id="oval:suse:obj:3" version="1" comment="Get port 22 state of any service">
      <linux-def:protocol>tcp</linux-def:protocol>
      <linux-def:local_address datatype="string" operation="pattern match">^(0.0.0.0)$</linux-def:local_address>
      <linux-def:local_port datatype="int">25</linux-def:local_port>
    </linux-def:inetlisteningservers_object>

Ovaldi generates an error in system-characteristics.xml:

<collected_objects>
    <object comment="Get port 22 state of any service" flag="error" id="oval:suse:obj:3" version="1">
      <oval-sc:message level="fatal">Error: invalid data type specified on local_port. Found: int</oval-sc:message>
    </object>
    </collected_objects>

Thanks,

Alejandro.

• Danny Haynes
    Danny Haynes
    2013-07-15

Hi Alejandro,

Unfortunately, this bug hasn't been fixed yet. I just bumped up its priority so it will get addressed sooner.

Thanks,

Danny

• Thank you very much Danny,

Alejandro.