Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Successful build but unable to run on win32

Help
Anonymous
2011-11-09
2013-06-12

• Anonymous
    2011-11-09

I've been able to successfully build 32 bit version of OVALDI. But when I run ovaldi.exe, I get error message - " the application was unable to start successfully (0xc000007b)"

I am using Visual Studio 2008 on 32 bit Windows 7

After doing some research seems like it is due to some messed up DLLs.

I'm using self built Xereces and Xalan library and pre-built libgrcypt and pcre.

As per documentation in build.win32.txt I am supposed to use version from "http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/pcre.htm" the latest version over there is 7.

Where the in the license documentation, pcre version 8.x is mentioned.

Can someone please clarify which version was used to compile 32 bit ovaldi?

also, whether pre-built binaries of libgcrypt( and libgpg-error) or self-compiled binaries were used?

Thanks!

PS- surprisingly, I am able to compile and run 64 bit version of OVALDI without any issues!

• Anonymous
    2011-11-09

I did some research and found that this error comes up when 32 bit code calls 64 bit DLLs but this not the case here. All of the DLLs are 32 bit (verified using Dependency Walker).

• Anonymous
    2011-11-10

The issue is now resolved. Instead of using pre-built libraries I compiled each and every library - PCRE, Xalan, Xereces, Libgcrypt and now everything works just fine