Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

GetProcessDEPPolicy could not be located

Help
2012-11-07
2013-09-26
  • Hi

I compiled the ovaldi 32 bits on visual studio 2010. When try to runs outside my machine (for example, on windows 2003 server),

it shows "The Procedure entry point GetProcessDEPPolicy could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.DLL" when i try to run oval.exe

What can i do?

Thank you

• Danny Haynes
    Danny Haynes
    2012-11-07

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this us!  I think you are getting this message because that function requires Windows Server 2008 (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb736297(v=vs.85).aspx).

Minimum supported client: Windows Vista with SP1, Windows XP with SP3

Minimum supported server: Windows Server 2008

If you comment out that code it should work.  I will see if there is something we can do to address this in the future so you do not have to comment it out.

Thanks,

Danny

• That is really strange, because ive already runned the oval (downloaded from the website) on a Windows 2003 Server Machine.

I'will comment it and see what happens.

thank you

• One thing:

The version 5.10.1.2 works well

The version 5.10.1.3 doesn't work with this method.

• Hi Djhaines and forum,

I was able to remove the method GetProcessDEPPolicy from Process58Probe. And then ive runned on the Windows Server 2003.

Another question,

Why i need the msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll to run the ovaldi.exe?
    Thank YOu

• Hi Michael,

Thank you, after i added both dll's worked well on machines that doesn't contains vc++ redistribuatble packages. Thank you.