requested url not found on this server

Help
2005-08-14
2013-03-22
  • Florence I.T.
    Florence I.T.
    2005-08-14

I get that after logging in. right after a suse 9.3 upgrade. I get to the login screen just finre, login as admin and get:
    ----------
    Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error.
    ------

the referring page is index.php probably not a OPT problem but wondering if anyone knows where i might check. everything else (other webpages) work fine on the same computer. php/mysql are all there and working as well. I tried reinstalling OPT, same thing.  any tips, thanks!

• Florence I.T.
      Florence I.T.
      2005-08-14

i am on the track: i just found the following in my apache log: <fullpathtoOPT/opt/main_menu/<hr>

which is there.. must be that "<?" thing mentioned in the docs.. ;) thanks anyhow!

• Florence I.T.
      Florence I.T.
      2005-08-14

well.. no it wasn't that. I just noticed Im getting this email which hopefully someone can help me figure out:

The OPT system at mysite.net issued a database error:
      --------------------------
      The following query failed:
      select count(*) from news
                    where chindate>2005-08-14 03:18:08
      You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to
      your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '03:18:08' at
      line 2
      --------------------------
      This error occured while user was accessing /opt/index.php
      The user came here from https://mysite.net/
      OPT 1.2.6 Max
      POST variables:
          justlogged = 1
          username = user
          password = pass
          lang = 0
          tz = -0400
          button = Login now

Register globals: Off
      User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.10)
      Gecko/20050716 Firefox/1.0.6

• Florence I.T.
      Florence I.T.
      2005-08-15

i realized I forgot to mention im now using mysql 4.1.10a, im not sure what it was on suse 9.2 but i thought it was also 4.x something
      thank you!

• You most likely hit the MySQL 4 upgrade feature. MySQL handles the date fields differently, and as such the date fields in the scripts need quoting.

I also notice you have register_globals off, which in the default release of OPT is not supported. You still need to have register_globals on.  I know, this needs work, but I'm just overloaded with other projects ....

Martin

• Florence I.T.
      Florence I.T.
      2005-08-15

thanks. well ill turn on register globals, and regarding the system: i am not a php programmer so maybe should i try downgrading to an older mysql server? i have a few other apps relying on mysql and none of them were broken, and im also not clear if any structural changes to the DB's happened when i upgraded. (and if ill have issues going backwards to an older mysql)
      I just want my OPT back with the least trouble ;)