OGG Vorbis working, including IMPORT

E Bradburn
2004-04-04
2013-03-22
  • E Bradburn
    E Bradburn
    2004-04-04

Hi Folks,

Inspired by the patch from mascdman, I've hacked Otto to enable it to import Ogg Header information, which means that not only will Otto play Ogg, but it will also import all the relevant information from your ripped Ogg files.

Anyone interested in the code (I can supply a diff against the 2.0 release code), contact me.

I'm also interested in hacking Otto further, so if anyone's interested in swapping notes on this, or has got any hacks they've already done, let me know! One thing I'd really like to get implemented is Genre information -- Otto really *should* have this, since it's really useful to be able to random play within a genre (e.g. Ambient).

'Bye for now,

Ed

• Anonymous
      2004-08-14

Sounds great Ed. Mind mailing me a copy?

LuWiki.

• Ed Bradburn
      Ed Bradburn
      2005-04-25

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the aeons between replies..

To all those wishing for the Otto Ogg stuff .. please check out Calliope (http://neil.verplank.org/opensource/calliope/) where I will be spending my efforts in the near future. No offence to Job+Otto: the system was exactly what I needed, but I want to devote time to Calliope, since it's more in line with what I have in mind for a music box.

The Ogg stuff for Otto *is* available again (I have since re-done my PC with new install and whatever) but I can't promise getting back to anyone fast about it.

Cheers,

Ed