Problems removing albums

2004-06-20
2004-08-03
  • Paul Grayson
    Paul Grayson
    2004-06-20

How do I remove albums from the database?  When I remove the files and re-run "otto load", the tracks disappear but the albums themselves are still listed on my web page.  Is this normal?

When I remove all files in the music directory, I get an error from line 422 of Loader.pm, which I had to change to the following:

my $newsong = $self->{db}->select1Song(newest => 1);
        my $newest;
        if($newsong) {
        $newest = $newsong->{xwhen};
        } else {
        $newest = "none";
        }

But even with that change, removing all files does not remove any of the albums.  It also leaves the queue full of a bunch of "blank" entries, and continues playing the last song on repeat.  Is there a way to fix these problems?

Right now I have to manually re-initialize the whole database to get otto working again after a remove.

• Paul Grayson
      Paul Grayson
      2004-06-20

Okay, it doesn't continue playing the last song on repeat - it just stops after finishing the song, as it should.

• c flores
      c flores
      2004-08-03

access the MySQL databases (webmin works if it's a headless server) and remove the entry from albums, then edit fileunder to remove or correct the number of albums stored for the artist.  # otto load to remove the songs.