something is wrong in 1.9.4

Help
Zamek
2009-03-17
2012-12-13
  • Zamek

Zamek - 2009-03-17

hello,
    I download and install 1.9.4 version of openswing, but when I try to run my application I've get an error below.

When I reinstall 1.9.3 it works well. There is a directory in my home, which is dedicating for Openswing, and all of library settings referenced to this by soft links (I am using Linux). I checked my Netbeans dist/lib refrences, it contains the new jars.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.openswing.swing.table.client.Grids.<init>(Lorg/openswing/swing/client/GridControl;ILjava/lang/String;[Lorg/openswing/swing/table/columns/client/Column;Lorg/openswing/swing/table/client/GridController;Lorg/openswing/swing/table/client/GridStatusPanel;Lorg/openswing/swing/table/java/GridDataLocator;Ljava/util/Map;ZLjava/util/ArrayList;ZIZZLorg/openswing/swing/client/ExpandableRowController;Ljava/util/HashMap;II)V
            at org.openswing.swing.client.GridControl.commitColumnContainer(GridControl.java:367)
            at org.openswing.swing.client.GridControl.addNotify(GridControl.java:339)

thx a lot

• Dipankar

Dipankar - 2009-03-17

I am using winxp. Same problem. Hope this problem will kindly be rectified soon.
      Thanks a lot

• mcarniel

mcarniel - 2009-03-18

I replublished OpenSwing just now!

• Zamek

Zamek - 2009-03-18

hello,

I download and install 1.9.5 and it works fine with new SEARCH_ADDITIONAL_ROWS too.

thx a lot.

• Dipankar

Dipankar - 2009-03-18

I download the 1.9.5 and replaced the existing libray with new one but getting same following error. what to do ? should recode the whole application ?

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.openswing.swing.table.client.Grids.<init>(Lorg/openswing/swing/client/GridControl;ILjava/lang/String;[Lorg/openswing/swing/table/columns/client/Column;Lorg/openswing/swing/table/client/GridController;Lorg/openswing/swing/table/client/GridStatusPanel;Lorg/openswing/swing/table/java/GridDataLocator;Ljava/util/Map;ZLjava/util/ArrayList;ZIZZLorg/openswing/swing/client/ExpandableRowController;Ljava/util/HashMap;II)V
          at org.openswing.swing.client.GridControl.commitColumnContainer(GridControl.java:367)
          at java.awt.Container.addNotify(Unknown Source)
          at javax.swing.JComponent.addNotify(Unknown Source)
          at javax.swing.JRootPane.addNotify(Unknown Source)
          at java.awt.Container.addImpl(Unknown Source)
          at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.addImpl(Unknown Source)
          at javax.swing.JDesktopPane.addImpl(Unknown Source)
          at org.openswing.swing.mdi.client.DesktopPane.addImpl(DesktopPane.java:488)
          at java.awt.Container.add(Unknown Source)
          at org.openswing.swing.mdi.client.DesktopPane.add(DesktopPane.java:350)
          at org.openswing.swing.mdi.client.MDIFrame.add(MDIFrame.java:663)
          at org.openswing.swing.mdi.client.MDIFrame.add(MDIFrame.java:645)
          at doctorsdesk.DoseGridFrameController.<init>(DoseGridFrameController.java:32)
          at doctorsdesk.DemoClientFacade.getDose(DemoClientFacade.java:36)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at org.openswing.swing.mdi.client.MDIFrame$12.run(MDIFrame.java:505)
          at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
          at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
          at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
          at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
          at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
          at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
          at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
          at javax.swing.JRootPane.addNotify(Unknown Source)
          at java.awt.Container.addImpl(Unknown Source)
          at javax.swing.JLayeredPane.addImpl(Unknown Source)
          at javax.swing.JDesktopPane.addImpl(Unknown Source)
          at org.openswing.swing.mdi.client.DesktopPane.addImpl(DesktopPane.java:488)
          at java.awt.Container.add(Unknown Source)
          at org.openswing.swing.mdi.client.DesktopPane.add(DesktopPane.java:350)
          at org.openswing.swing.mdi.client.MDIFrame.add(MDIFrame.java:663)
          at doctorsdesk.PaitientVisit.<init>(PaitientVisit.java:99)
          at doctorsdesk.DemoClientFacade.getPaitients(DemoClientFacade.java:25)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at org.openswing.swing.mdi.client.MDIFrame$12.run(MDIFrame.java:505)
          at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
          at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
          at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
          at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
          at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
          at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

with regard

• mcarniel

mcarniel - 2009-03-18

I believe you have not replaced all files, i.e. your IDE is still using beaninfo.jar file of a past release. Usually that file is included as "library" for the components palette... please check it!

• Dipankar

Dipankar - 2009-03-19

You believed truely,  my eclipse was using beaninfo.jar file of a past release which I added to the root of the build path libray tab and I added the new beaninfo.jar in a separate user lib namely Openswing5 which I created. now I have removed the older one and all is working fine. Thank you a lot for guiding me and developping such a valuable and usefull library like openswing.

Please have a look to my naother problem I reported earler in help forum about comboVOColumn control.

Thank you a lot again.

with regard.

• Dipankar

Dipankar - 2009-03-20

I am using openswing 1.9.5 in winxp, java 1.6 updt 11. I have used one ComboVOColumn in a grid which is loaded through hibernate mapping file from mysql database. All is running fine as expected but in case of editing if only data in ComboVOColumn is chaged but other columns are kept unchanged , the new value in ComboVOColumn is not updated in the database. But if any other column is changed along with the change in ComboVOColumn then the new value in ComboVOColumn is updated in the database. I have tried to debyg the problem and found that persistentObjects is null in the following method of the grid controller class when only value in ComboVOColumn is changed.

@Override
      public Response updateRecords(int[] rowNumbers, ArrayList oldPersistentObjects, ArrayList persistentObjects) throws Exception {
      try {
      PrescripDtl vo = null;
      for (int i = 0; i < persistentObjects.size(); i++) {
      vo = (PrescripDtl) persistentObjects.get(i);

Session session = sessions.getCurrentSession();
      session.beginTransaction();
      session.update(vo);
      session.flush();
      session.getTransaction().commit();
      }
      return new VOListResponse(persistentObjects, false, persistentObjects.size());
      } catch (Exception ex) {
      ex.printStackTrace();
      return new ErrorResponse(ex.getMessage());
      }
      }

I shall be very grateful if some one may give solution to this problem.

with regard,

Dipankar

• mcarniel

mcarniel - 2009-03-20

Hi!

I'm not able to reproduce the problem you described: I used "demo27" sample app, using java 1.6.x and
        the issue you described didn't happened!
        Please try to execute demo27: before executing that demo only comments two lines in GridFrame class:

//    colCity.addCombo2ParentLink("state","state");
        //    colCity.addCombo2ParentLink("zipCode","zipCode");

After that change, in that demo, does the issue you described happen?
        If yes, please report EXACTLY the steps you followed.
        If not, try to compare the differences among your code and that demo.

• Dipankar

Dipankar - 2009-04-07

Hi.
      Sorry for late

In demo 27 it is working well but I could not sort out the problem in my application. Any way I have changed the control with codeLookup. Now some problem in grid search.
      I am using MDIframe and internal frames.

1. First time when an Internal Frame with a grid control is opend key search is failed instead of matching items in grid. I have to click on a row or press tab key and after that the seach is able to find the matching items. It is true also for grid control in codelookup control. it would be nice if I could start typing some keys and find the the matching row selected in the grid just after opening the frame.

2. SEARCH_ADDITIONAL_ROWS is working but it is loading additional rows which has already loaded in the grid thus showing same items multiple in rows.

3.Search Box (yellow) remains visble after closing the internal frame. It only erases afte minimising and the maximising the MDI frame.

Please look after the problems and help me. I completed one application with open swing but for this problem could not distribute it. I wish to up load my apllication to your forum also.

with regard,

Dipankar