Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Grid export to XLS problem

Help
2009-04-13
2012-12-13
  • Jacek Uznanski
    Jacek Uznanski
    2009-04-13

Hi,
    when I'm exporting data from grid to XLS format, I'm getting following error:

Error while exporting data:
    org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFCell.setEncoding(S)V
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFCell.setEncoding(S)V
            at org.openswing.swing.export.java.ExportToExcel.prepareGrid(ExportToExcel.java:336)
            at org.openswing.swing.export.java.ExportToExcel.processComponent(ExportToExcel.java:86)
            at org.openswing.swing.export.java.ExportToExcel.getDocument(ExportToExcel.java:64)
            at org.openswing.swing.table.client.Grids.export(Grids.java:2227)
            at org.openswing.swing.export.client.ExportDialog$2.run(ExportDialog.java:206)

In my application I'm using JasperReports 3.5.0 reporting library. This library requires Jakarta POI library version 3.0.1 or later, where method HSSFCell.setEncoding() was deprecated and removed because "POI now automatically handles Unicode without forcing the encoding" (quote from POI API doc). OpenSwing is still using old version 2.0 of POI (from 2004 year) and call this removed method.
    Is it possible to use the last version of POI in OpenSwing? Maybe can I resolve this problem another way?

Thanks in advance,
    Jacek

• mcarniel
      mcarniel
      2009-04-14

I surround this error with try-catch so export should work fine for recent releases of HSSF.
      Fix will be available with next release of OpenSwing, planned for tomorrow.