OSW 1.2.3 for Windows 2000/XP, Linux and Mac OS X has been released and can be downloaded at our *NEW* location www.opensoundworld.com.
Version 1.2.3 includes several new features, enhancements and fixes:
1. Mac Application support
* "Open Sound World" now appears in the Applications folder
* can double-click App icon to launch OSW
* can double-click OSW patches to launch
* No more manual setting of environment variables, even for command-line use
2. New Transforms:
3. Enhanced ASIO support under Windows, fixes for "absent" soundcard drivers such as RME Hammerfall and MOTU 828.
4. Support for complex signals via ComplexSamples and DoubleComplexSamples types
5. Enhancements for math transforms and Expr
6. No more blinky dock on startup!
7. Updated User Guide, now includes documentation on tutorials, server mode and command-line options.
Users are encouraged to download and try out the new version, and report any issues to the bug/support trackers or the users mailing list.
OSW is a graphical programming environment for real-time music and audio applications. It is intended for composers, performers, and sound designers. Please visit the project site at http://www.opensoundworld.com for more information.