* Add support for loading XNU (MacOS X kernel).
* ACPI override support.
* Integrated gptsync.
* Password protection support.
* Partition manipulation tool.
* Add `keystatus' command.
* Unicode fonts are now used by default.
* Add `hdparm' command.
* Add support for getting the current date and time from CMOS as variables.
* Add `drivemap' command.
* Add support for RAID levels 4,6 and 10.
* update-grub is replaced by grub-mkconfig.
* When booting from PXE, PXE can be used to load files.
* High resolution timer support.
* Image loaders now support IO buffering.
* Add `crc' command.
* Add Cygwin support.
* Add x86_64 EFI support.
* Use LZMA compression instead of LZO.
* Support for saving the environment from and loading the environment
from a file.
* Allow the UUID to be used as device name.
* The `search' command can use UUIDs now.
* Add support for IEEE 1275 on i386.
* Create partmap.lst and use it to automatically load partition map
* grub-mkconfig supports os-prober to add operating systems to the
* The ATA driver supports devices bigger than 2 TiB.
* Add support for the UDF, AFS and EXT4 filesystems.
* The ISO9660 filesystem supports the Joliet extension
* Add support for loading kernels of FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD.
* Add new command `sleep'.
* Support for direct access to AT keyboards.
* New utility `grub-fstest'.