Title: Academic and Digital Applications Librarian
Location: KU Libraries and Computer Center,
Job #: 11553
The University of Kansas Information Services invites applications for the newly created position of Academic and Digital Applications Librarian in the Enterprise Academic Systems Unit of Information Technology. Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Academic Systems, the Librarian provides leadership and direct support for library, digital library, and academic systems, services, and projects that enhance the digital presence and technical architecture of the University. Participates as a member of the digital library development team, and manages digital library projects and initiatives that integrate digital content with the University’s enterprise-level services to support teaching, learning and research at the University. Currently supported systems include Voyager, ENCompass, LinkFinderPlus, Blackboard, LUNA Insight, and DSpace. A librarian in a tenure track position must engage in scholarly activities, research and publishing in the area of faculty choice and must perform service activities for the University and relevant professional associations.
General scope of work
(a complete job description is on file with The Morley Group):
The Enterprise Academic Systems unit supports applications and technologies that facilitate teaching, learning and research. Enterprise Academic Systems is a unit within KU Information Services (IS). IS includes all campus-wide technology software, hardware and networking services, printing services, and the libraries. These units are merged into one organization to build the information infrastructure needed for the research university.
Education requirements: MLS from an ALA accredited institution
Years of experience required: Minimum one year experience with library or digital library systems. (Candidate may substitute experience with general database systems and knowledge of standards, technologies, and techniques relevant to digital libraries.)
· Demonstrated ability to manage and oversee complex projects in a team environment, meet deadlines, and to prioritize work in alignment with the service goals of the university and Information Services.
· Ability to thrive in a team environment, working both independently and collaboratively as appropriate.
· Demonstrated knowledge of content organization and management as relevant to the university spectrum of disciplinary needs.
· Strong commitment to users service and support.
· Demonstrated ability analyzing user requirements for delivery of technology solutions
· Demonstrated and documented evidence of successful design of database-drive content systems based on a broad understanding of the information seeking behaviors of users.
· Experience developing policy and procedures for digital systems and services.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to develop written project documentation, process procedures, reports, etc.
· Experience managing digital library systems.
· Two years relevant experience in an academic or research library.
· Demonstrated experience with formal project management, workflow or systems analysis techniques.
· Experience working with instruction, courseware, and multimedia systems.
· Experience working with digital content development and digitization processes.
· Experience developing digital content for teaching, learning and research systems
· Advanced knowledge or information management and library standards and protocols.
· Experience developing user access protocols for a variety of systems.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three references (including current supervisor) to:
The Morley Group
KU Project Team