Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

SMPP proxy

Help
2004-12-07
2013-05-21
  • I'm not familiar with erlang but i try your nice library.
    Can you give me a guideline on how to implement a proxy using your library?
    I wont to get SMPP from ESME make some billing staff and transparently push it on another SMSC,  handle response and send response pdu's back to ESME.
    Thanks
    Panagiotis

*Sorry for my very very bad English
    Keep good work :)

• Hello Panagiotis,

Good you want give erlang a try.  You won't be disappointed ;-)

To implement the proxy you mention you need a sort of a routing entity (RE), a SMPP entity that acts as both, a ESME and SMSC, forwarding requests from either side, and adding billing information when appropriated, am I right?

I think the easiest way to do that with OSERL, is to implement in the same module, the callback functions for the gen_esme and the gen_smsc behaviors.  This way your proxy would act as a SMSC for the real ESME, and as ESME for the real SMSC.

The example below is a NON working proxy skeleton.  Didn't even tried to compile it, so please take with care. 

http://oserl.sourceforge.net/oserl/examples/proxy.erl

Please read the comments along, I've included some notes in there with my first impressions about this particular project.  My first thought is that it shouldn't be hard to implement, although we can not dig into the messy details until you start writing your code.  Please let me know if you encounter any problems, I'd be very interested to see how you manage to implement this proxy.

Best regards,

Quique

• Hi Quique,
      Thanks very match for your quickly response.
      I found your info very useful for my needs.
      But first i must learn Erlang.. :) Oh weal in one or two weeks i think...

Thanks again,
      Panagiotis

• HI  Enrique and Panagiotis,

I'm also carrying out a similar project and would find any information from u people and your experiences absolutely helpful

Gee

• By the way i do realise your posted is dated 2004 Dec and this is April 2007.
      I'm finding it rather difficult to find useful content on the web to help me out.
      I'm new to both erlang And SMPP based applications
      Any pointers will be appreciated

• By the way i do realise your posted is dated 2004 Dec and this is April 2007.
      I'm finding it rather difficult to find useful content on the web to help me out.
      I'm new to both erlang And SMPP based applications
      Any pointers will be appreciated

Gee