Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

OSERL usage question

yjudy
2008-06-25
2013-05-21
  • yjudy
    yjudy
    2008-06-25

Hi list,

I'm new to OSERL and I'd like to test it a bit.

So, few questions to start:

* Is there a simple way to test OSERL to send SMS? Examples to start learning ...
    * Is OSERL platform independant (like Erlang programs in general) or do it need some scripts or things like that.
    I'd like to test it on Window, Linux, and Solaris.
    * Could anyone confirm using OSERL on production or under heavy load?
    * When are you planning to deliver a new version? Currently only version 1.1 is available but It's a bit old.

Thanks in advance
    Ferret

• Hi Ferret,

* Is there a simple way to test OSERL to send SMS? Examples to start learning ...

I believe that you should have enough documentation within the project.  There are also simple examples under the doc directory that you can use straight away.

* Is OSERL platform independant (like Erlang programs in general) or do it need some scripts or things like that.
      I'd like to test it on Window, Linux, and Solaris.

Yes, it is completely platform independent.

* Could anyone confirm using OSERL on production or under heavy load?

Yes I can.

* When are you planning to deliver a new version? Currently only version 1.1 is available but It's a bit old.

I would suggest you to download the sources from the CVS.  There you will find the never packaged 1.2 version, it is stable and includes major improvements over version 1.1.  We have also version 2.0 almost ready.  This new version will include major changes in the behaviors, that  were completely redefined.  We will upload it when heavily tested in production environments.

Cheers,

Quique

• Just in case :-)

http://oserl.sourceforge.net/oserl/index.html

Kind regards,

Quique