The version of PackageInUn in oscar-4.2.1 doesn't
appear to like having multiple RPMs in the opkg/RPMS/
directory. It sometimes picks the wrong arch, e.g., on
x86 it selects x86_64 RPMs, which fail to install.
This behaviour seems to occur for those opkgs that are
still using custom 'setup' scripts, instead of simply
calling "generic-setup" from their 'setup' scripts.
This has to do with the fact (in part) that
'generic-setup' just copies directly to '/tftpboot/rpm'
and not to opkg/RPMS/ (which subsequently get copied to
To reproduce the problem, on oscar-4.2.1b5 on FC4/x86.
1) Fully install oscar-4.2.1b5.
2) Confirm all tests pass.
3) Exit Wizard and logout (for safe keeping).
4) Login again and re-run 'install_cluster'
5) Select Add/Del opkg (i.e., PackageInUn).
6) Select (uninstall) "PVM" from the PackageInUn
7) Confirm all tests pass. -- namely PVM shouldn't
8) Exit Wizard and logout (for safe keeping).
9) Login again and re-run 'install_cluster
10) Select Add/Del opkg (i.e., PackageInUn).
11) Select (install) "PVM" from the PackageInUn window
12) You will see errors in the console, also 'pvm'
will not be installed on server/clients.