Oscailt version 3.5 released
This release continues the trend of previous releases of adding more features to Oscailt and improving its language support. The full feature set can be found in the file documentation/oscailt_3x_features.html
As for all releases since version 3.0, there is a comprehensive upgrade guide for those upgrading, found in the upgrades/upgrade-3-05 directory and for new users there is the full install script with instructions in the main README.txt file.
A summary of the most significant changes in the release are listed below. The complete list can be found in the releasenotes.txt file
- Added ability to translate topics, regions and types into all defined site languages.
- Added feature to enable automatic scheduled publishing/unhiding of features.
- Added further updates to allow translation of most of remaining editor screens.
- Added photo essay mode to article display.
- Update to allow public to edit stories based on session or password for up to a configurable amount of time.
- Update to configure admin dashboard mode to default on or off.
- Update to allow audio to be featurized and add headline mode in gallery for audios.
- Update to extend options for automatically emailing story contents and or comments to editors when published.
- Update to Debug Articles screen to search database for stories with invalid values for either topics, regions or types.
- Update to retrive cover images for embedded Vimeo and Politube videos.
- Update to IMC citylist object to filter out a comma separated list of dead IMC sites.
- Update to improve configuration around embedded videos auto-hiding and cover images.
Oscailt is freely available to use and download under the terms of the GPL.
To download the latest version go to the oscailt project page on sourceforge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/oscailt