The Object-Role Modeling (ORM) standard version 2, associated schemas and generation tools, and a reference implementation in the form of Natural ORM Architect for Visual Studio.
The January 2009 Community Technology Preview of Natural Object-Role Modeling Architect for Visual Studio is now available through http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/orm or http://www.ormfoundation.org
Release notes are duplicated here:
Expanding the appropriate file download and running Setup.bat will uninstall any old NORMA version and reinstall the new pieces. Visual Studio instances should be shutdown before running setup, and Vista users should use the provided SetupVista.bat or explicitly run Setup.bat as an Administrator. The drop includes modifications through changeset 1370.
The February drop is a stabilization drop over the January 2009 release, plus the addition of an element grouping facility. Details are available in the included Readme.htm which is installed in the NORMA root directory and in the SVN change logs on sourceforge.The following notable items have been improved:
1) Element grouping has been enabled as a general facility in the tool. This facility, along with the associated 'Group Types' notion, will be used extensively in future releases. Currently, it offers the user the chance to group arbitrary elements for tracking purposes.
2) The absorption algorithm has been changed to eliminate extreme memory consumption and the associated performance slowdowns for common reference patterns.
3) The toolbox issue where a ValueType would always drop as an EntityType has been fixed.
4) The 'Informal Definition' has been renamed to 'Informal Description'.
5) The number of tool window refreshes has been reduced across the system.