Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

The specified invariant name is not supported

milkmen
2007-12-18
2013-05-28
  • milkmen
    milkmen
    2007-12-18

Hi,

I want to reengineer an existing database-schema using ORM.
    I used Import DB (File->New Item->Object-Role Modeling (DB Import).

After specifying and testing the connection I get the following error message:
    The specified invariant name is not supported.

Is there a solution to solve this?
    I tried different data sources and connections are working.

I’m using Neumont ORM Architect for Visual Studio 2007-11CTP.

Joris

• Jeez, lousy error message. Sorry.

We currently support two DataProvider names:

System.Data.SqlClient
      and
      MySql.Data.MySqlClient

Other connection types are not currently supported.

Please feel free to code providers for other connection types:) The Tools\DatabaseImport project is the place to add them, with the provide mappings in the DcilObjectModel.cs file (GetDcilSchemaProvider method). Obviously, we would like to extend the set of support targets.

A couple of known limitations:
      1) Spaces in the DB schema/table/column names end up as spaces in intermediate XML file identifier attributes, which is not allowed. We'll fix this one.
      2) Import from more than one SQL owner is not currently supported. The is significant work to be done in this area to support this across the board.

You will also see better ORM coming in from the export as time goes on. We added basic join tables in December, more pattern recognition will follow (but probably not this quarter).

-Matt