2 files 2008-12 CTP - which file should I use

Adam Ralph
2009-02-05
2013-05-28
  • Adam Ralph
    Adam Ralph
    2009-02-05

There appear to be two ZIP files available for 2008-12 CTP.  Both have the same name but one is 7028354 bytes and the other is 6149300 bytes.  What is the difference and which one should I use?

• Hi, haven't check this site for some time; just noticed your question.

The NORMA team routinely posts two versions of each CTP, one for MS Visual Studio 2005, and one for MS Visual Studio 2008.  The file names can be confusing, in that the year of the CTP release might be the same as in the name of a Visual Studio version.

The requirement for VS Standard edition or higher is caused by tool features in the Microsoft product - not imposed by the NORMA team.

Use a trail version, if you don't have other options.  MS sponsored educational and community programs and events might provide a not-for-resale version (you'll have to search that on your own).

Use VS 2008 if possible (more NORMA features - such as LINQ support - are available for use with VS 2008).

Extract all the files from the downloaded NORMA CTP zipped file.
      Look for README file for help with install (procedure varies based on OS).

Do check the ORMfoundation.org website for more complete NORMA support (the forums have been moved there).

I realize you may well have learned all this by now; but the info might help others that haven't yet checked the ORMfoundation site.

Hope it helps - BRN..