java.lang.NullPointerException in ORDesigner

• johnnytmac

I haven't had much trouble with open report designer except one.  I continue to get an error that reads ORBaseDesigner-java.lang.NullPointerException.  I'm wondering if there is something that I have missed when installing the app.  I've just been starting up using run.bat.  I am using JDK 1.4.   Is there anything I should be upgrading?

• Ian Ashley
      Ian Ashley

I get this same exact error message. Or - when I try to open up any report .jasper report files created with either iReport or Jasper Assistant I get a similar message.

I went into File->Preferences, changed the file paths to a valid file path - that seemed to clear the error temporarily. Though, I still get the error when opening up a .jasper report file created with either of the two programs mentioned above.

• tyman26

I have also experienced the same problems.  When I first used ordesigner it worked fine.  After a week it started doing what you just described.  Pretty much everything I do throws a java.lang.NullPointerException.  Now it won't let me compile the files either.  I didn't change anything, and it just started doing this.  I also am using jdk1.4 on windows.  I also would like to know how to fix this, if its possible even-

• Same thing here. Pretty much everything I do creates a nullpointerexception error and I can't compile.

Is there anyone that can help?