Menu

Default Parameter setting in OpenReports 3.0.

2008-08-06
2013-04-25
  • Deepa James

Deepa James - 2008-08-06

How can we set the Default parameter as current date?

• rajesh vaya

rajesh vaya - 2008-08-06

when you creata a parameter .. it wil ask you the default value.. ther you put

new Date()

this wil give the current date

regards
      Rajesh Vaya

• Deepa James

Deepa James - 2008-08-06

Yes, I given the new Date() in the Default parameter Field . But in the Date Fileld, I got like this NaN/NaN/0NaN...

• rajesh vaya

rajesh vaya - 2008-08-06

hmm..

make sure that

1.  you have selected the correct data type for the parameter -- java.util.date and NOT[java.sql.date]

2.  your system time is correct.

3.  new Date()  -- D should be capital

4.  the DATA field should be left empty

5.  select "NONE" for the datasource

6.  UNCHECK required [for allowing defualt value]

regards
        Rajesh Vaya

• Deepa James

Deepa James - 2008-08-06

Yes , i m sure that datas are given correctly. But I got The same problem....

• rajesh vaya

rajesh vaya - 2008-08-06

if you could send me the screen shots of the error and dataentry time..

• Deepa James

Deepa James - 2008-08-06

When i m trying to enter the parameter then we are getting this error

ERROR - DateTimePicker.format(316) | Could not parse date
      java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "new Date()"
              at java.text.DateFormat.parse(DateFormat.java:337)
              at org.apache.struts2.components.DateTimePicker.format(DateTimePicker.java:309)
              at org.apache.struts2.components.DateTimePicker.evaluateParams(DateTimePicker.java:202)
              at org.apache.struts2.components.UIBean.end(UIBean.java:481)
              at org.apache.struts2.views.jsp.ComponentTagSupport.doEndTag(ComponentTagSupport.java:43)
              at org.apache.jsp.ReportDetail_jsp._jspx_meth_s_005fdatetimepicker_005f1(ReportDetail_jsp.java:607)
              at org.apache.jsp.ReportDetail_jsp._jspx_meth_s_005fif_005f5(ReportDetail_jsp.java:574)
              at org.apache.jsp.ReportDetail_jsp._jspx_meth_s_005fif_005f3(ReportDetail_jsp.java:470)
              at org.apache.jsp.ReportDetail_jsp._jspx_meth_s_005fiterator_005f0(ReportDetail_jsp.java:287)
              at org.apache.jsp.ReportDetail_jsp._jspService(ReportDetail_jsp.java:101)
              at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:98)
              at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
              at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:331)
              at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:329)
              at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
              at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
              at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
              at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
              at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:679)
              at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:461)
              at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:399)
              at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:301)
              at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ServletDispatcherResult.doExecute(ServletDispatcherResult.java:139)
              at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.StrutsResultSupport.execute(StrutsResultSupport.java:178)
              at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.executeResult(DefaultActionInvocation.java:348)
              at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:253)
              at org.efs.openreports.interceptors.SecurityInterceptor.intercept(SecurityInterceptor.java:58)
              at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionInvocation.java:224)
              at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionInvocation.java:223)
              at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack.java:455)
              at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:221)
              at org.efs.openreports.interceptors.BreadcrumbsInterceptor.intercept(BreadcrumbsInterceptor.java:53)
              at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionInvocation.java:224)
              at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation$2.doProfiling(DefaultActionInvocation.java:223)
              at com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.profiling.UtilTimerStack.profile(UtilTimerStack.java:455)
              at com.opensymphony.xwork2.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:221)
              at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.ParametersInterceptor.doIntercept(ParametersInterceptor.java:167)
              at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.MethodFilterInterceptor.intercept(MethodFilterInterceptor.java:86)
              at com.opensymphony.xwork2.interceptor.StaticParametersInterceptor.intercept(StaticParametersInterceptor.java:105)
              at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.FileUploadInterceptor.intercept(FileUploadInterceptor.java:207)
              at org.apache.struts2.interceptor.ServletConfigInterceptor.intercept(ServletConfigInterceptor.java:170)
              at org.apache.struts2.impl.StrutsActionProxy.execute(StrutsActionProxy.java:50)
              at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.serviceAction(Dispatcher.java:504)
              at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:419)
              at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
              at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
              at org.displaytag.filter.ResponseOverrideFilter.doFilter(ResponseOverrideFilter.java:125)
              at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
              at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
              at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
              at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
              at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
              at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
              at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
              at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:874)
              at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
              at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
              at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
              at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

and also getting the date field is null.Thats cannot show any default value.If i am given as new Date(), then that shows the

NaN/NaN/0NaN value..

• rajesh vaya

rajesh vaya - 2008-08-06

are you using any deisgner for designing the reports?

if yes try to use ireports its a very good designer. i make parameters in that only and i also decide the default values while desigin the report .. and then i upload tht design to openreports..

so it takes the default parameters automatically..

• Tony

Tony - 2008-08-06

Hi,
        I am getting this same issue on dates as well (ever since I went to 3.01).  I think it might be a struts issue, the date picker does not work for me either....any ideas?

• Deepa James

Deepa James - 2008-08-06

Yes, I am using the iReports for designing.In that file, set the default value.That was working in the openreports old version(2.0.x). But now i am using the openreports 3.0.1.This is showing this problem.

Are you using the latest version of the openreports?Is thats Showing any problem ?

• rajesh vaya

rajesh vaya - 2008-08-06

Oh that's great

so declare your parameter in ireports and give the default value in ireport itself.. and while making parameters in openreports dont give ne default value.. and while executing also dont give any date.. so it will take the defaut value of the ireport template which you created..

you should not rely on paramters of openreports.. instead parameters in designer are better because your template is made in the designer so its good to use paramters of the designer ..

• rajesh vaya

rajesh vaya - 2008-08-12

Yes i m using openreports 3.0 with tomcat i.e. openreports 3.0 - tomcat bundle..
        i also had used 3.0.1 an had other errors so i shifted to 3.0 and alls working fine..

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-04-14

Hi,
    I'm new to OpenReports. I've downloaded version 3.2.0 and seems that this bug is still here. (NaN/NaN/0NaN)
    Should it work in this version? or the date picker doesn't support that kind of initialization anymore?

Thanks