OCILIB v3.12.1 is now available for download :)
Changes are :
* Fixed Unicode support (OCI_CHARSET_WIDE and OCI_CHARSET_MIXED) * Miscellaneous fixes
OCILIB v3.11.1 is now available for download :)
Changes are :
* Fixed broken support for Oracle Database Change notifications - Fixed OCI_SubscriptionRegister() : Previous version 3.11.0 introduced a bug in subscription registration * OCILIB Thanks file was missing in 3.11.0 packages. It is reintroduced within this release.
OCILIB v3.11.0 is now available for download :)
Changes are :
* Extended Oracle Streams AQ (Advanced Queues) support : - Added support for asynchrounous notifications (Petr Vanek proposal) : - Added OCI_DequeueSubscribe() - Added OCI_DequeueUnsubscribe() - Added demo file queue_async.c * Fixed And Enhhanced support of BINARY FLOAT and BINARY DOUBLE types : - Updated OCI_GetDouble(), OCI_GetDouble2(), OCI_GetFloat(), OCI_GetFloat2() : - In previous releases, BINARY FLOAT and BINARY DOUBLE were fetched as NUMBER and locally converted to native double and float types using Oracle Client API - With this release, BINARY FLOAT and BINARY DOUBLE are directly fetched as native double and float types - BINARY FLOAT and BINARY DOUBLE were not supported in Oracle Objects and Oracle Collections (TYPES, VARRAYs and NESTED TABLES) - In previous releases, segfaults could happen when manipulating objects with BINARY FLOAT and BINARY DOUBLE members or collections of BINARY FLOAT and BINARY DOUBLE - With this release, BINARY FLOAT and BINARY DOUBLE are fully supported within OCI_Elem and OCI_Object - Updated OCI_BindDouble(), OCI_BindArrayOfDoubles(), OCI_BindFloat(), OCI_BindArrayOfFloats() - If the Oracle client supports BINARY FLOAT and BINARY DOUBLE types (Oracle 10g and above), host double and float variables are binding as BINARY FLOAT and BINARY DOUBLE instead of NUMBER. - This prevent the Oracle client from performing internal conversions. - Enhanced String conversions : - When OCILIB has to convert BINARY DOUBLE values to/from strings, it now supports the double type full range of values. - OCILIB uses now the C runtime to perform BINARY DOUBLE and BINARY FLOAT conversions to/from strings as the Oracle Client API cannot handle the full double datatype wihtin its string conversion API * Miscellaneous changes : - OCI_GetString() : Conversion from numeric types has been rewritten, much cleaner code now - Internal numeric types handling (conversions between numeric types, to/from strings) has been rewritten - Miscellaneous code updates : OCILIB source code has been tested against various code analysis tools - Documentation updates - Added pkgconfig support for Unixes/Linux platforms (thanks to Petr Vanek) * Miscellaneous fixes : - OCI_GetBatchErrorCount() always returned 0 - OCI_FileGetDirectory() did not set error flag for OCI_GetLastError() - OCI_ElemGetRaw() was setting error flag to TRUE in all cases for OCI_GetLastError() - OCI_PoolGetStatementCacheSize() was setting error flag to FALSE in all cases for OCI_GetLastError() - OCI_LobRead() and OCI_LobRead2() : In OCI_CHARSET_WIDE and OCI_CHARSET_MIXED builds, values could be truncated with Oracle clients 8i and 9i only - OCI_LobWrite2() and OCI_LobAppend2() : returned byte count may not been accurate for CLOB when using OCI_CHARSET_WIDE or OCI_CHARSET_MIXED builds - OCI_ColumnGetCharUsed() : Attribute introduced in Oracle 9.2 but OCILIB tried to retrieve it from Oracle 9.0 as well - OCI_ConnectionFree() could generate a segfault on a reused connection retrieved from a connection pool since version 3.10.0 - OCI_TypeInfoGet() could generate a segfault in OCI_CHARSET_WIDE builds when a table/view column or object member was an Oracle Type (Object and Collection) - OCI_xxxFmt() calls : Timestamp arguments were not formatted correctly (missing quotes in the formatted SQL) - Scrollable Statements : - An Oracle error (ORA-01001 or ORA-01002) was thrown when fetching a statement (PL/SQL Cursor or Nested table) that was returned by a select statement that contained more thant one column - This happened only if the statement was retrieved from a scrollable statement using array fetching (internal OCILIB default behavior) - This is an Oracle bug and a workaround has been found - Now, OCILIB internally sets the resultset internal array size to 1 and thus ignore any values set using OCI_SetFetchSize() for such statements... [read more](/p/orclib/news/2012/12/ocilib-v3110-is-now-available-for-download-/)
OCILIB v3.9.4 is now available for download :)
Changes are :
* Miscellaneous fixes - Connection and Session Pools : Fixed few bugs related to OCILIB automatic adaptation to runtime client versions and features that could lead OCI_PoolGetConnection() to return NULL - Statement cache was not properly activated when feature was available - OCI_PoolGetStatementCacheSize() : an error was raised as an invalid internal oci attibute code was used - Fixed broken compilation support for Oracle 8i and 9i clients on unix platforms when oracle shared lib import mode is OCI_IMPORT_LINKAGE - Oracle 11g : OCILIB driver name could not be properly set in the view V$SESSION_CONNECT_INFO - Oracle XA : - Unix platforms : No change, XA is supported for all Oracle Clients >= 8i - MS Windows Platforms : * When using the Dlls provided in OCILIB releases, XA wis now enabled only if the Oracle client loaded at runtime has XA symbols embedded in oci.dll (usually >= Oracle 10g) * When compiling yourself OCILIB, support is enabled only with Oracle Client 10g and above as on MS Windows, for 8i and 9i, specific import libraries are used and can be missing in some installations * So when XA is not enabled, using the flag OCI_SESSION_XA with OCI_ConnectionCreate() will now throw an exception * Miscellaneous changes - default transaction behavior : - Prior to v3.9.4, a default transaction object was created in OCI_ConnectionCreate() and associated to the returned connection object. - From v3.9.4 * No changes for regular standalone transactions and transactions retrieved from connection pool. * For XA connections and connections retrieved from session pool, no transaction object is created anymore and thus, OCI_GetTransaction() will return NULL for newly created connections. * Note that transaction objects must not be set to connections retrieved from a session pool or to XA connections * For other types of connections (regular or retrieved from connection pool), transaction objects can be used as normal - Various internal minor code change - Note that all sources files have been updated to include year 2012 in the copyright section ... [read more](/p/orclib/news/2012/06/ocilib-v394-is-now-available-for-download-/)
OCILIB v3.9.3 is now available for download :)
Changes are :
* Miscellaneous fixes - Fixed broken support for Oracle 8i client since v3.9.0 - Fixed OCI_ObjectSetObject() : a bug had been introduced in v3.8.1 when computing internal object structure offsets and paddings - Fixed OCI_LobRead(), OCI_LobRead2() : in OCI_CHARSET_WIDE charset builds only, a segfault could happen caused by an internal buffer overwrite - Fixed OCI_SetStatementCacheSize(), OCI_GetStatementCacheSize() : an error ORA-24315 (with no incidence) could be thrown by some versions of Oracle clients - Fixed OCI_BindXXX() : All binding methods returned TRUE instead of FALSE when an exception OCI_ERR_MAX_BIND occured - Fixed OCI_GetString() : an error OCI-22061 was happening when the column was numeric and a user defined numeric format where provided with OCI_SetDefaultFormatNumeric() - Fixed OCI_GetServerRevisionVersion() : it was returned the same value as OCI_GetServerMajorVersion() since v3.4.0 - Fixed internal method OCI_ParseSqlFmt() used in OCI_xxxFmt() calls : Quoted strings were not properly output since v3.9.0 - Fixed internal allocation mode : ... [read more](/p/orclib/news/2011/12/ocilib-v393-is-now-available-for-download-/)
OCILIB v3.9.0 is now available for download !
This release has new cool features and bug fixes :
Version 3.8.0 packages uploaded on monday morning were built with wrong queue.c source file.
I rebuilt all packages and uploaded them again.
So if you’ve downloaded OCILIB version 3.8.0 before the 26th of october – 09:37 UTC, you must download it again !
OCILIB v3.8.0 is now available for download !
This release has new cool features and bug fixes :
* Added support for Oracle Streams AQ (Advanced Queues) * Added support for SQL parsing only
Get the release and enjoy it !
OCILIB v3.5.1 is now available for download.
It's just a minor bug release (4 minor bug fixes)
OCILIB v3.3.0 is now available for download !
Here is the list of the main changes :
* Added SQL command and verb retrieving * Added support for batched errors for Array DML * Extended Lob Support * Extended Collection API * Modified and extended Bind API * Extended OCI_ImmediateXXX() API * Extended OCI_XXXFmt() API * Miscellaneous changes * Miscellaneous fixes... [read more](/p/orclib/news/2009/07/summary-ocilib-v330-now-available-for-download-/)
The current development snapshot of v3.3.0 has been updated.
You can browse the repository on sourceforge : http://orclib.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/orclib/"
The temporary v3.3.0 changelog is available :
Main modifications of the current development version 3.3.0 :
Added SQL command and verb retrieving
Added support for batched errors for Array DML
Extended Lob Support
Extended Collection API
Modified and extended Bind API
* Miscellaneous fixes... read more
OCILIB v3.2.0 is now available for download ! Here is the list of the main changes :
* support for direct path loading * extended binding capabilities (rebinding, update of array size, …) * extended objects API * modified Database objects describe API * static libraries builds for GCC ports on MS Windows added * documentation updated * Miscellaneous internal modifications * Miscelleanous fixes (see changelog) * Miscelleanous modifications (see changelog)... [read more](/p/orclib/news/2009/04/ocilib-v320-now-available-for-download-/)
* Added support for Oracle REF datatype * Added some tracing features * Extended Object API * Extended Collection elements API * Extended Bind informations * Fixed Unicode support for Unixes platforms * Miscellaneous public modifications * Miscellaneous internal modifications * Miscellaneous fixes
* Added support for scrollable cursors * Added Support for Oracle Collections (VARRAYs and Nested Tables) * Major library rewrite * Extended Error handling * New thread contextual error handling * New functions * Extended implicit datatypes conversions * Extended documentation and demos * Miscelleanous fixes (see changelog) * Miscelleanous modifications (see changelog)
This release is a patch for the version 2.5.0 :
* Added support for 16bits and 64bits integers * Extended error handling * Added prebuilt binaries for MS Windows 64bits * Miscelleanous modifications (see changelog) * Miscelleanous fixes (see changelog)
OCILIB is now used has the underlying Oracle layer in the Qt Driver QOpenOCCI designed by Andrew White
* Added Object support * Added Unicode support for Unixes * Added National charform support * Added SYSDBA/SYSOPER session support * Extended Metadata information support * Modified OCI_Long and OCI_Lob API * Various modifications (see changelog) * Various fixed bugs (see changelog)