Help
Raghu
2008-07-03
2013-04-25
  • Raghu

Raghu - 2008-07-03

Greetings,

Thanks for producing a handy software!
    I have installed this software. However, this is not showing the ER Diagram which is shown in the example. Anybody please help me on this!

Thanks in Advance,
    Raghu.

• Petr Vaněk

Petr Vaněk - 2008-07-03

well, ERD are depending in 3rd party tool called "dot" from package "graphviz". It's included in most Linux distrubition so you can install it from package system.

You should download it yourself if you're using Windows - http://www.graphviz.org/ - then set PATH to let oraschemadoc know where it's located.

this is an example of my 2nd computer settings - the batch script:
      set PATH=%PATH%;d:\sw\graphviw-2.16\bin
      oraschemadoc.exe ...params...

• Raghu

Raghu - 2008-07-04

Thanks for your feedback.

I have installed graphviz. But still the diagram is NOT visible.
      I am using the command as shown below

oraschemadoc.exe -d --dia uml_dia  -s --syntax  b2b_test_2/b2b_test_2@testroom.edb.com  c:\output "TESTROOM"

During execution I get an error "The application failed to initilize properly(0xc0150005). Click on OK to terminate the application". When I say OK, it continues and complets succesfully. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Raghu.

• Petr Vaněk

Petr Vaněk - 2008-07-10

hmmm, where you get the 0xc0150005 exception? What is the state of cmd window content? Can you provide its text or screenshot, please?

BTW what is the output of dot.exe if you run this file file from graphviz location? Can you generate image from e.g. this file: http://graphviz.org/Gallery/undirected/ER.dot.txt ?

• Petr Vaněk

Petr Vaněk - 2009-03-24

Raghu, good news.

I've discovered a bug in oraschemadoc on Windows with that dot call. It's fixed in SVN from last week. Now I have to test it on UN*Xes.

Then I'll release new version.

• Ankit Agarwal

Ankit Agarwal - 2011-07-18

Hi Subil,

Thanks for such a handy tool.

I am facing the same error raghu was facing for generating ER diagram. I have doenloaded Graphviz too, but the same error is coming.
    I am using 0.31 version. Can you please let me know the probable cause.
    Thanks,
    Ankit