Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

SSL Certificate Generation and Installation

Apache
2010-02-22
2013-06-05
  • Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2010-02-22

Hi,

I have tried using OpenSSL to generate a certificate request. I did all that and got the certificate and edited the ssl config file to point to the new certificate and the new key. I restart apache and it fails to start every time. What are the steps that I am missing so that I don't waste more money on another certificate that won't work?

Thanks!

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2010-02-23

Hi,

What is the OS are you using, give us some info about the Apache version as well.

Regards,
    Zanfer

• Sherwin Gaddis
    Sherwin Gaddis
    2010-02-23

I am using Windows Server 2003.

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2010-03-01

Apache is 2.x. I used the auto install using Xamp that configured everything for me.

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2010-03-01

????

What was all that for? Could you please post something relevant to the topic?

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2010-03-08

I also tried to configure SSL with xampp on Windows 2003, but couldn't succeed, One suggestion is host it in a linux box and do the configuration.

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2010-03-08

Thanks for that suggestions but that does not solve my problem. But how would I do the certificate request on a linux box?

• There are lot of certificate providers who has given instruction on how to create the CSR. Here is a one link that I found,
    http://www.rapidssl.com/ssl-certificate … erate-csr/

• Can anyone would tell me how would I do the certificate request on a Linux box/

• SSL Certificates will be available for download when validation and processing are complete. (The SSL certificate itself is a text file; it is encrypted data that your web server will be able to understand when installed as a digital certificate.)Before you begin the installation, make a back-up of your certificate that you can keep in a safe place. This makes re-securing your server much easier if your server crashes.

• SSL Certificates is available for downloading the validation and the process to complete. The SSL certificate itself is a text file; it encryptes data that your web server will be able to understand when installed as a digital certificate.

• New version Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, adds a wealth of new features and makes many things easier to do. Unfortunately, installing SSL Certificates isn't really one of them.

• Thanks for the great info…
    This really helps on me…
    Thank you so much.

• The OS is Windowss 2003 server, Apache is 2.x. I used the auto install using Xamp that configured everything for me.

• Hello!
    SSL Certificates will be available for download when validation and processing are complete. (The SSL certificate itself is a text file; it is encrypted data that your web server will be able to understand when installed as a digital certificate.)Before you begin the installation, make a back-up of your certificate that you can keep in a safe place. This makes re-securing your server much easier if your server crashes.

• Entrust SSL certificates inspire consumer trust by signifying a Web site's commitment to protecting the personal information of its visitors. By using SSL, companies help ease the security concerns of its customers, leading to a more engaging online experience.

• Here at full detail about Generate CSR key & Installation guideline to SSL Certificate.