Web hosting security

Nadeesha
2008-05-22
2013-06-05
  • Nadeesha
    Nadeesha
    2008-05-22

Dear Tech. Support,

I'm interested in hosting my company's HR information at your side, however, one thing I want to know is that:

how do you ensure the security of communication between us clients and server(e.g. using SSL)?

One of my tech friends told me that if this is not done well, people may get my HR employee's data on the router during data transmission.

Could you briefly explain how you guys do the security so that I can briefly report it to my boss?

Thanks
    Wyne

• Nadeesha
      Nadeesha
      2008-05-29

Hi Wyne,

Regarding the security, first of all our server is running on one of the most popular hosting provider in US known as Rackspace(http://www.rackspace.com) which ensure security in their servers in serveral ways.
      We have implemented the other apache security guides so that we can assure our clients have their data secured with us.
      Regarding stealing data in hardware level could be done if the data is sent unencrypted. But the sensitive data is sent and received encrypted from and to orangehrm.
      Our project is 100% active and you can view the details of the project here.
      Hundreds of downloads are taking place each day. We haven't got complaints about any security vulnerability in orangehrm for this long.
      So any one can trust orangehrm in terms of security.
      Don't hesitate to contact us on any issue regarding orangehrm.

Regards,
      Nilufer Nilar
      Software Support Engineer
      OrangeHRM Inc.
      Telephone:
      +1-914-458-4254 (USA)
      +94-722-451-553 (Asia)
      Web: www.orangehrm.com
      538 Teal Plaza
      Secaucus NJ 07094
      Open Source HR Management