Undefined Variable: Module Type

Support
2009-10-22
2013-06-05
  • Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2009-10-22

I am getting the above error on the CentralController.php and the PublicController.php files whenever I go to select Country type,  Employment Status etc.

Please can you advise on how to edit this problem, I have searched the forums and realised that a few people have the same problem but a solution is yet to be provided.

We have been trialling this system but error is causing a drastic delay in the implementation of the system as it also comes up within jobs.php which is external facing. We are currently using 2.5 but was previously using 2.4.2.

Your urgent assistance is greatly appreciated.

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2009-10-22

Are you getting this error when you try to run the application?

Are you using 2.5 stable release that went out last Monday?

Are you trying to do any code changers / development work on the application?

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2009-10-22

Are you getting this error when you try to run the application? --Yes, I am getting this error when I run this application, for example, if I go into Job title, edit and try to change the employment status from terminated to full time or anything like that, I get the error.

Are you using 2.5 stable release that went out last Monday? --Yes, I am now using the stable 2.5 release. Previously I was using 2.4.2 and getting the same error.

Are you trying to do any code changers / development work on the application?--No, I am trying to use of the shelf without any development or code changes.

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2009-10-22

FYI… The error is online 177 in CentralController.php

R

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2009-10-22

Did you install this on an Windows environment? What did you download to install the product / What file?

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2009-10-22

Yes we installed it on a windows environment and we didnt download anything to install this product.

We just downloaded the zip file and used the installer to install it on our system.

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2009-10-22

OrangeHRM is not tested under IIS and we cannot  certified it.
    Can you try this out with Apache?

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2009-10-22

s there any hope of making it compatible with IIS as most systems are compatible with both servers.

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2009-10-22

Before we release a version of OrangeHRM as stable, we do thorough testing and fixing of all serious issues found in testing. Often this is a process that takes months. For example OrangeHRM 2.5 had 10 alpha releases and 17 beta releases before we released it as stable. All these 27 releases were tested on Apache, and defects found were fixed. If we had to do the same with IIS, it would have taken us much more time.

However, OrangeHRM is a product that evolves with user needs. We try to give what majority of users want. We have received thousands of requests for new features and new capablities to be added to OrangeHRM. We're not in a position to implement all these requests. We usually look at the level of demand we have for a particular feature or capability before deciding to implement it on the product. So the next new thing for OrangeHRM is usually the item with the highest number of user requests (on forums, emails etc.).

Over the past few years, we have received only a few requests from users about IIS support. Considering the amount of effort needed, not only to add this, but also to maintain the support in subsequent versions of the product, we don't think the level of current demand is sufficient. Probably most users who have IIS, may not have problems in also setting up Apache for no additional cost.

We will contine to monitor the demand for IIS support, and if it increases in the coming months, we would consider adding the capability to OrangeHRM.

Regards,

Himath Dissanayake
        CTO, OrangeHRM Inc.

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2010-02-01

Not sure if you got this fixed or not but this seems to do the trick:

Above the line:

define('ROOT_PATH', $_SESSION);

Add the following:

if (!isset($_SERVER) && isset($_ENV)) {
    $_SERVER = $_ENV;