Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

language Packs

Setup
shane
2007-02-19
2013-06-05
  • shane
    shane
    2007-02-19

This message from orangehrm user:
    Where is the language pack file? I need to translate OrangeHRM to the spanish.
    alexisperez

• support_admin
      support_admin
      2007-02-19

Hi,

Thank you for using OrangeHRM, we welcome your feedback and suggestions to make our product a better one.

You can take copy of English language pack locates in 'language' directory under directory 'en'. You can do the translations yourself and I will also give you instructions as to how to get it working. We would be very grateful if you can send the translation back as it would be helpful to all OrangeHRM Spanish users.

How-to translate;
      When you go into directory named 'en' with many files in it, each representing a template(pages displayed). If you open one of these files (use any text editor), you will find a set of variable names starting with '$' signs being assigned phrases in English within quotes. Translation of this language pack would mean translating these phrases within quotes. This should be done to all the files. ex:

before translation;
      $heading = 'Corporate Titles : Job Information';
      $code = 'Code';

after translation should read as
      $heading = 'Títulos corporativos: Información del trabajo';
      $code = 'Código ';

Note: you should only change phrases within quotes. Variable names, syntax should be kept as it is.

After the translation you should rename folder 'en' into 'es' ('es' is the code given for Spanish in browsers). Then all the filenames within should be renamed such that they begin with 'lang_es_'. ex:

before renaming;
      lang_en_corptit.php
      after renaming
      lang_es_corptit.php

Note: no translations required here, just the change from en -> it

Then copy the folder now named 'es' into the language folder of OrangeHRM.

This is all you have to do get the captions in Spanish. (The language pack is selected from browser language). ex: If you have set English as your language in the browser, you will still see all the captions in English. To get caption in Spanish you will have to select Spanish as your browser language. (if your browser supports language priorities, then Spanish should be having the highest priority)

Hope you will get it sorted out, since the file renaming thing is little difficult you may send me the translated files and I can do the renaming stuff for you and send you back the files.

Happy Translating!!!

Regards,

Koshika Surasena
      Fax: +94-11-2307579
      Web: http://www.orangehrm.com

• shane
      shane
      2007-02-19

This message from orangehrm:
      I have translated all the languaje files.
      Renamed all the files lang_ES_*.php
      Internet Explorer 6 and 7 in English - Use languaje Enslish.
      Internet Explorer 6 and 7 in Spanish - still uses the ENGLISH Languaje...
      I will upload the file with the entire translation soon...
      What i do wrong???
      How we must configure HRM to see in spanish?
      Tnahks.
      hektor

• support_admin
      support_admin
      2007-02-19

Hi,

Couple of suggestions;

Firstly make sure your most preferred browser language(top preference) is set to Spanish.

Secondly make sure you renamed the files such that they look like: lang_es_*.php ('es' should be lowercase) and should reside in a directory called 'es' also in lowercase within the language directory.

Regards,

Koshika Surasena

• shane
      shane
      2007-02-19

This message orangehrm user:
      Firstly make sure your most preferred browser language(top preference) is set to Spanish.

DONE!

Secondly make sure you renamed the files such that they look like: lang_es_*.php ('es' should be lowercase) and should reside in a directory called 'es' also in lowercase within the language directory.

DONE!

Not Work... any other tip?
      Do you need the Translated Files to test??
      Thanks.
      hektor

• support_admin
      support_admin
      2007-02-19

Hi,

Usually all these steps would get the thing done! Yes you can send me the whole set of files with directories, as they are right now. I might be able analyze and see what is wrong.

Also bear in mind that every browser has so many dialects of Spanish, and if you are using code:'es' you should select Generic Spanish (coded 'es' only). And it should be prioritized the most.

Cheers,

Koshika Surasena

• shane
      shane
      2007-02-19

This message from orangehrm User:
      I'm making a language pack for the portuguese-brazil.

After I conclude the translation, can I send the files for you improve in the site, or even in the next release of the Orange HRM??

I'll feel so pleasure if I can help to get the Orange better.... 

Thank you! (... and sorry for my bad english...)
      toiel

• support_admin
      support_admin
      2007-02-19

Hello, toiel

Thanks for using OrangeHRM and for your effort in translating it. It would be great to have the software in Portugese.

Please, let us know once you are done.

Regards,
      Darija Jevtuchova
      Community Manager
      tel: +94-11-2699754 / +1-650-2158015
      web: www.orangehrm.com

• shane
      shane
      2007-02-19

I would like to have images with flags of spain, brittish, etc to select the languaje I want to use.... it is possible? how??

• support_admin
      support_admin
      2007-02-19

Hi,

Thanks for using OrangeHRM!

Right now the language is selected by checking the clients browser's language setting. OrangeHRM will check the language set in the browser and see whether there is language pack defined in that language in the source files. If there are any, the captions are displayed in that language else it will default to the default language pack(English).

This means there is no user-interaction with the application to select the language. Like you mentioned, it is possible to let users decide which language to display the pages in. We will keep you updated on this soon as we make OrangeHRM completely multi-lingual.

Regards,

Koshika Surasena

• shane
      shane
      2007-02-19

This messahe from orangehrm user:
      Currently I am translating OrangeHRM into Turkish, in PIM when I press on previously created employee I see a line of icons starting from Personal, Contact and so on.
      I want to translate this words but I couldn't find them. Can you help me?
      rafael

• shane
      shane
      2007-02-21

DONE!

DONE!

Not Work... any other tip?
      Do you need the Translated Files to test??
      Thanks.
      hektor

• shane
      shane
      2007-02-21

I'm making a language pack for the portuguese-brazil.

After I conclude the translation, can I send the files for you improve in the site, or even in the next release of the Orange HRM??

I'll feel so pleasure if I can help to get the Orange better.... 

Thank you! (... and sorry for my bad english...)
      toiel

• shane
      shane
      2007-02-21

Currently I am translating OrangeHRM into Turkish, in PIM when I press on previously created employee I see a line of icons starting from Personal, Contact and so on.
      I want to translate this words but I couldn't find them. Can you help me?
      rafael

• support_admin
      support_admin
      2007-02-21

Hi,

We have only recently completed making PIM multi-lingual. You can checkout the next release of OrangeHRM (OrangeHRM ver 2.1_alpha_6) which would have entries in language pack for that area (captions appearing under icons). The release is expected to be available for public this weekend.

The file you should check would be "lang_xx_full.php" (ex: lang_en_full.php)

Regards,

Koshika Surasena

• shane
      shane
      2007-04-09

I installed your new release and translated it into turkish. But I couldn't find out how to add new language. Inside default pack I replaced turkish file. But then most of the view show similar error like below.

Notice
      Undefined variable: lang_empview_search

Technical Details
      Encountered the problem in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\newhrm\language\default\lang_default_view.php Line 14
      rafael

• support_admin
      support_admin
      2007-04-11

rafael wrote:
      I installed your new release and translated it into turkish. But I couldn't find out how to add new language. Inside default pack I replaced turkish file. But then most of the view show similar error like below.

Notice
      Undefined variable: lang_empview_search

Technical Details
      Encountered the problem in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\newhrm\language\default\lang_default_view.php Line 14

Hi,

It is not very clear what you have done. All you have to do is to copy all files of the English language pack directory and put them in to directory called 'tr' (Turkish). And then all files should be translated. Then all files should renamed with turkish language code ex:"lang_tr_full.php"

Then the browser language should be set to Turkish (should be set to have the highest priority too)

Regards,

Koshika Surasena

• I'm just install OrangeHRM 2.2 and translate to polish language, but... OrangeHRM don't see my language folder 'pl'. System always translate from 'default' folder. It is almost ok when I switch code from file pl/lang_pl_full.php and past to default/lang_default_full.php - then everything works fine only picture of users in PIM don't display 

In logDB.txt I see this errors:
      Quote:
      Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxx/ftp/xxxxx/orange/language/default/lang_default_full.php:1) in /home/xxxxx/ftp/xxxxx/orange/templates/hrfunct/photohandler.php on line 45

and
      Quote:
      require_once(/home/xxxxx/ftp/xxxxx/orange/language/default/lang_default_full.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxx/ftp/xxxxx/orange/index.php on line 144

What should I do?

• Nadeesha
      Nadeesha
      2007-07-17

Elmo Wrote:
      I'm just install OrangeHRM 2.2 and translate to polish language, but... OrangeHRM don't see my language folder 'pl'. System always translate from 'default' folder. It is almost ok when I switch code from file pl/lang_pl_full.php and past to default/lang_default_full.php - then everything works fine only picture of users in PIM don't display 
      What should I do? 

Hi,

There could be 2 issues(or both) leading you into this problem.

When you have created the folder 'pl' make sure the web-server has rights to read it. This should be done by changing the ownership of the folder(pl) to that of web-server and giving it appropriate read/write/execute permissions.

To view the application UIs in Polish, you should change the language of your browser to Polish and set its priority to the highest

Regards,

Professional/Support Engineer
      OrangeHRM Inc.
      Phone: +94-11-2446623/4

• Nadeesha
      Nadeesha
      2007-07-17

Code:
      When you have created the folder 'pl' make sure the web-server has rights to read it. 

Thank you veeeeeery much Koshika. It works 

But... picture of users/workers still don't display in PIM  I'm sure, that it is something wrong in my translating lang file, because in original lang_default_full.php pictures are displaying fine.

Also... Maybe it isn't right topic but I want to ask you, why some error alerts are not in language file but for example in eimadmin/qualifications.php? - Eg. "Degree Cannot be a Blank Value!"
      After upgrade to new version of OrangeHRM I must translate not only lang file but also I must view many files and translate this alerts.

• any one? 

In OrangeHRM 2.2_01 "Raport to" still don't works.

Elmo

• Hi Elmo,

Could you send us your language pack to us - [url]support@orangehm.com[/url] then we can have a look.

thank you,

Zanfer Hussain
        Software Support Engineer
        OrangeHRM Inc.
        Phone: +94-11-2446623/4

• teresa
      teresa
      2008-05-08

This is the message from orangehrm user:

......Can someone please tell me how to put into operation the multi language if I already have the translation ready?

• According to me language pack is one of the best thing to do translation, Actually I really love to use that in my site because I can translate any of the language from any one. So basically it is amazing thing for the translation theme.