Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

OrangeHRM Configuration File NOT Writable

Setup
mohanjith
2007-04-14
2013-06-05
  • mohanjith
    mohanjith
    2007-04-14

This message form orangehrm user:

OrangeHRM Configuration File NOT Writable

where is this file and what numbers do i need to assign to it?

• shane
      shane
      2007-04-17

This message form orangehrm user:
      before i'm able to start the instalation process i get this message: "OrangeHRM Configuration File NOT Writable"

where is this file and what numbers do i need to assign to it?
      rogiblasko

• shane
      shane
      2007-04-18

Hi,

In order to install OrangeHRM successfully using the in-built web-installer, the web-installer needs to create the Configuration file (Conf.php) within <orangehrm-dir>/lib/confs/

Note:
      Since it is most probably a file permission problem, I assume you have deployed OrangeHRM on Linux/XNIX distro.

To fix the problem you have to do two things;

set the ownership of the directory(s) to the Apache server's User-name, User Group. (ex: apache, nobody)

set the permission of the directory(s) to 755

Regards,

Koshika Surasena[/b]
      Fax: +94-11-2307579
      Web: http://www.orangehrm.com

• shane
      shane
      2007-04-23

This message from orangehrm user:
      I'm just noticing that neither the screen itself nor the Help mentions specifically this information. Help should be amended, but really if the path was just mentioned on the check screen that would make the most sense.
      thomas

• support_admin
      support_admin
      2007-04-23

thomas wrote:
      I'm just noticing that neither the screen itself nor the Help mentions specifically this information. Help should be amended, but really if the path was just mentioned on the check screen that would make the most sense.

Hi,

I totally agree with your suggestion. I think the remedy for the situation should be both mentioned on the screen as well as the Installation Guide.

I have reported documentation bugs against the issue, and thanks again for supporting us to make our product better.

Regards,

Koshika Surasena
      Fax: +94-11-2307579
      Web: http://www.orangehrm.com

• shane
      shane
      2007-04-23

koshika wrote:
      Hi,

In order to install OrangeHRM successfully using the in-built web-installer, the web-installer needs to create the Configuration file (Conf.php) within <orangehrm-dir>/lib/confs/

Note:
      Since it is most probably a file permission problem, I assume you have deployed OrangeHRM on Linux/XNIX distro.

To fix the problem you have to do two things;

set the ownership of the directory(s) to the Apache server's User-name, User Group. (ex: apache, nobody)

set the permission of the directory(s) to 755

I am having the same issue. Can some post the EXACT commands I have to do in Linux/UNIX? I am somewhat of a novice at this.

Thank you.

Regards,

Koshika Surasena[/b]

• shane
      shane
      2007-04-23

I am having the same issue. Can some post the EXACT commands I have to do in Linux/UNIX? I am somewhat of a novice at this.
      bnewton2

• shane
      shane
      2007-04-23

Bump. No response yet.
      bnewton2

• shane
      shane
      2007-04-23

CHmoded directories and even chowned them still having the same error as the original post in this thread? Does anyone even read these forums? Just curious cause most sites their would be some guru responding by now.
      bnewton2

• shane
      shane
      2007-04-23

Figured it out myself. Needed to Cahne the conf-auto file to Conf.php and then Chmod it. I must be the guru I suppose.
      bnewton2

• Guys,I am having the same issue. Can someone post the commands for use in Linux?
    Thanks