OrangeHRM-Appliance for Windows install probl

Setup
2009-11-05
2013-06-05
  • Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2009-11-05

I have downloaded and run the 'one-click' OrangeHRM-Appliance for Windows 2.5 and checked the box that says to run when finished - nothing happens. When I choose orangehrm start icon from the program menu it merely says that it is looking for start.bat. There isn't one. It does exactly the same on another windows box. Any ideas?

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2009-11-11

HI ,
    Something wrong may went when you install. Once I had the same problem and here how I access the system.

open your internet browser and type http://localhost/orangehrm-2.5/index.php as the address. you should be able to login.

Regards,
    Dulitha.

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2009-11-11

48 hrs to answer a simple install problem?

Don't think I can convince the board to move to open source!

Thanks but no thanks….

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2009-11-11

"Don't think I can convince the board to move to open source!"

Don't blame Open Source model. If you really wanted support badly you should
    have subscribed to the $60 starter kit on the OrangeHRM web site.

Also, if you looked at their website they do have a install video that shows how to call the URL after installed.

Use the resources you have Mate…

Peace !

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2009-11-11

I'm a supporter of open source - the problem I have is convincing the non-technical people above me that it's worthwhile looking at.

"If you really wanted support badly you should
    have subscribed to the $60 starter kit on the OrangeHRM web site." - yeah, I'll pay $60 just to have a look at a product.

I wasn't after support, I was after the "one-click" install experience. Why offer to run the program after install if nothing happens? Why place a shortcut in the start menu if it doesn't work? Why do I have to watch a video to learn how to run a program that offers to run and makes shortcuts? Of course these questions won't be answered, OSS elitism and general condescension toward those of a less technical bent are the standard experiences that hinder OSS adoption.

Look at it this way, if I wish to try a commercial piece of software for windows then I download the demo, install it and double-click its icon. Until you offer that you are alienating potential customers. Nevermind, pat yourself on the back, congratulate yourself on how clever you are and moan to like-minded people how stupid the average user is.

'Peace' to you as well 'mate' you truly are an ambassador for open source!

• Now I can install OrangeHRM-Appliance in my PC without problem. I just started to use orange this day and it is really amazing. I will tell this to my friends so they can try it too.

• The problem I have is convincing the non-technical people above me that it's worthwhile looking at.
    "If you really wanted support badly you should
    have subscribed to the $60 starter kit on the OrangeHRM web site." - yeah, I'll pay $60 just to have a look at a product .
    I wasn't after support, I was after the "one-click" install experience. Why offer to run the program after install if nothing happens? Why place a shortcut in the start menu if it doesn't work? Why do I have to watch a video to learn how to run a program that offers to run and makes shortcuts? Of course these questions won't be answered, OSS elitism and general condescension toward those of a less technical bent are the standard experiences that hinder OSS adoption .