Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

OrangeHRM for a bit different cause

Web-site
2009-12-03
2013-06-05
  • Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2009-12-03

Hello,

I'm looking here for a decent answer wether or not OrangeHRM is simple worth the effort.
    We are looking for a good open source project to deal with our 'personel' administration.

We don't want to put our own staff in the system (except for admin logins), but our company trains and detaches people with problems and/or in wealthfare and we want to keep those people listed in OrangeHRM.
    This means that almost all the registrations (time registration, holidays etc) will have to be done by our admins and not by the users themselves.
    (We are keeping an eye on them to see if they are actually doing their jobs, so they shouldn't be able to change this kind of data themselves).

But after hours looking into a problem where I couldn't simply give someone several free days, I'm starting to think that OrangeHRM might not be the best solution, if you don't intend to use it exactly as it is offered.
    (I'm ignoring bug messages as "single quote errors" here as they do make me think about the quality of Orange's programmers)

I am a decent developer myself, but I do not want to re-write this whole application.. As that takes away the benefits of using an opensource package and I could probably write something new faster than editing the existing.

So my short question would be : " Is OrangeHRM adviceable when used for administrating ´external´ personnel only and disregarding most of the ESS module? "

With kind regards,
    Stef Henderson

• OrangeHRM might not be the best solution, if you don't intend to use it exactly as it is offered.
    (I'm ignoring bug messages as "single quote errors" here as they do make me think about the quality of Orange's programmers)