2007-04-03

This message from orangehrm user:
    I wanted to know if Orange has a payroll module and how i can get it
    raysimbi

• support_admin
      support_admin
      2007-04-03

Hi,

OrangeHRM does not currently have a payroll module.

This is something we're considering to include in future.

- Himath

• shane
      shane
      2007-04-03

Dear Himath,
      Would really support a payroll feature-more in terms of a compensation database (I am assuming it doesn't exist currently) - total compensation, components, reminders for increment etc

Anubhuti
      Quadrangle Consulting
      "Free Flight"
      anubhutig

• support_admin
      support_admin
      2007-04-03

Hi Anubhuti,

As mentioned before we don't plan to have a Payroll Module as it would not belong in an HRM application.

However, we could consider having some payroll related functionality that make sense in an HRM application.

Our roadmap is more or less defined by users of the product. We have a place in our wiki where users could come in an define the features they want:
      http://www.orangehrm.com/app/wiki/index.php/Orange_Future

Feel free to update this wiki page with details of the features you would like to see and based on responses from other users we can consider implementing this in near future.

Note the text in bold are features we're in the process of implementing now.

Regards,
      Himath

• shane
      shane
      2007-04-03

Im wondering why Payroll Module is not yet even in the future plans??? with Payroll module OrangeHRM would be the best of choice for an HRM package.
      netizendude

• support_admin
      support_admin
      2007-04-09

Hi,

I can't see this happening within the next 6 months. Right now our priority is to add a number of missing HR modules to OrangeHRM.

Whether we want to include Payroll functionality would depend on how quickly we can add the missing HR features and the number of user requests we get for Payroll features.

Regards,
      Himath

• Dasha
        Dasha
        2007-05-03

This is the message from OrangeHRM user:

Yeah that would have certainly helped people like us who are into running organizations that require a good payroll system. So far according to my experience I have had troubles organizing the payroll structure of my company and I believe unless things fall into efficient hands the said problems would continue. So really looking for some help now.

james02

• Implementing a payroll system that suits the global audience of OrangeHRM would be time consuming as rules and regulations differ from country to country and organization to organization and even changes every year. An attempt to focus on Payroll would halt the progress of making OrangeHRM a comprehensive HR product.

However, we understand the importance and the relationship between the HR system and Payroll system and we're currently contemplating to integrate OrangeHRM with widely used Payroll systems in the market.

This requirement is currently in its infancy and we'd like to hear more ideas from the community.

Regards,
          Himath

• Dasha
            Dasha
            2007-05-10

This is the message from OrangeHRM user:

A few steps could help in the short term. Many HRIS systems do not have a payroll module bundled into their product, however they do have the ability to seamlessly interface with the large payroll service providers on the market such as ADP, Ceridian and Paychex. This feature would be helpful as an initial step with Orangehrm. As a next step it may be useful to see if their is an open source payroll applciation currently in existance that could be modified (or OrangeHRM to be modified) to tie the two together. And then of course as a third step a fully integrated payroll module in OrangeHRM that meets the needs of the majority of OrangeHRM users in their various locals.

giltrow

• Thanks. I've included this into our roadmap.

Regards,
              Himath

• This is the message from OrangeHRM user:

What are the time frames for the roadmap Himath?

giltrow

• I am afraid this is not a priority right now. This will come after 'Performance' and 'Recruitment' modules. So, a likely estimate is early 2008.

Regards,
                  Himath

• totally agree there are other more important modules to be developed (I'm looking forward for the recruitment one).

With regards to the development of a Payroll module, I consider it would be out of scope for two reasons:

1) As it has been said: "it's not part of HRM", really! (more of ERP).

2) It's going to be very difficult to adjust it for the various locals (I've been working in Spain, UK, and Brazil, and all three are very different systems. Besides, governments tend to change the rules time and again, so managing a payroll is always a matter of changing the parameters of the applications.

So, I would suggest to follow what already has been said: create an interface that would allow orangeHRM to feed an external Payroll system.

• Yes. As mentioned before we will not develop a payroll ourselves. However, we're considering a few alternatives.
                      (i) Develop adapters to popular payrolls that allows OrangeHRM to work with these.
                      (ii) Partner with an Open Source Payroll.

- Himath

• Dasha
                        Dasha
                        2007-07-30

Have you guys considered working with the http://www.timetrex.com folks at all? They seem to have an excellent open source payroll and time management application developed already.

I'm sure both projects could benefit from collaboration.

george76

• Nadeesha
                          Nadeesha
                          2007-10-31

As a first step, we've started working on exporting HR data related by Payroll in a CSV format. If the payrolls support CSV import of data, it will be possible to import the exported HR data. Also, the CSV format will be configurable such that OrangeHRM can export data in different CSV formats as required by the Payroll.

- Himath

• teresa
                            teresa
                            2009-06-23

We are quite interested in Payroll Module as others or integration with popular Payroll Providers (e.g. ADP) or popular open-source payroll systems (e.g. timetrex.com).

Also, for time punching, what hardware has been tested and integrated? (any hand punch devices? fingerprint readers?)

Thanks!

P.S.
                            Fantastic Product!

• Nagarjuna C
      Nagarjuna C
      2008-09-16

Hi Himath,

Any update as of now regarding payroll

Regards,
      Naga

• Mafaz Mazeen
      Mafaz Mazeen
      2009-08-03

Hi all,

Are there any existing payroll system (open source) that I can analyze and integrate them to OrangeHRM?

Thanks,
      David Nguyen

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2009-11-11

Hiii Himath

Can OrangeHRM be combined with Time Trex?

Titus
    http://tituspermadi.wordpress.com

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2009-11-13

No puedo ver que esto suceda en los próximos 6 meses. En este momento nuestra prioridad es añadir un número de módulos faltantes de recursos humanos para OrangeHRM.

Si queremos incluir la funcionalidad de la nómina dependerá de la rapidez con que podemos agregar las características que faltan recursos humanos y el número de solicitudes de los usuarios que recibe para las características de nómina.

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2009-11-13

Above post in English.

I can not see this happen in the next 6 months. Right now our priority is to add a number of missing modules of human resources for OrangeHRM.

If we include the functionality of the payroll will depend on how quickly we can add the missing features human resources and the number of user requests it receives to the characteristics of payroll.

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2009-12-30

just wanted to give some crit:

* I agree that payroll should _not_ be included into HR since the focus get lost and it will harm the quality of the HR-application since we don't have infinit man power to develop such a product.
    * I also agree that payroll is an important matter related to HR so there must be a good solution like suppot of common payroll products - if ornageHRM wan't to be a serios HR-application.

Example: I was asked to introduce HR-software in a large company. The big problem that I'm facing now is, that they also ask me to introduce a payroll system. It is now very difficult for me to explain orangeHRM as my favour to IT-ignorant staff, because of the lack of clearly specified compatibility with payroll.

regards and thx for everything.

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2010-01-15

Why not to try combine OrangeHRM with TimeTrex (www.timetrex.com)?

• Hi

To date, no payroll module has been developed as part of OrangeHRM, if the answer is yes, where I can get or download. And if the answer is no, please could sendme some alternatives for this process payroll using integration with other software. I need a solution please.

Att Andres Jacome

TU3W off Web support
    www.tu3w.net

1 2 > >> (Page 1 of 2)