Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Customizable Employee Code

PIM
2010-08-31
2013-06-05
  • The employee codes that are used in oranghrm is not conformable with most of the companies. It would be nice to give an option to customize the employee code or allow admins to enter the code manually.
    The better solution would be to add one more field and allow admins to enter the code manually. Care should be taken not to duplicate the code

I'm not sure where to post the feature requests - in SF.net or in orangehrm/forums ? Since both these sites have similar topics I have posted it in SF.net Feature Request:
    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1587024&group_id=156477&atid=799945
    Please clarify.

•     libregeek wrote:The employee codes that are used in oranghrm is not conformable with most of the companies. It would be nice to give an option to customize the employee code or allow admins to enter the code manually.
        The better solution would be to add one more field and allow admins to enter the code manually. Care should be taken not to duplicate the code

I'm not sure where to post the feature requests - in SF.net or in orangehrm/forums ? Since both these sites have similar topics I have posted it in SF.net Feature Request:
        http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1587024&group_id=156477&atid=799945
        Please clarify.

Hi,

I agree on employee code generated from application not conforming two company conventions. There are to solutions to this problem;

you can use field Other ID in personal section under PIM, to put the company maintained employee ID

have some sort of configuration file(property file) to setup the company ID format

In case of the latter option we can not commit ourselves for it right now on the next immediately pending releases since we have our hands full. Since it is already tracked under feature requests, we can consider for any releases pending after November this year.

As for the clarification of where feature requests should be logged, whether you post it on this forum or at SourceForge we will be monitoring both.

Thanks

Koshika Surasena

• We've decided to implement the feauture of letting the user define employee id. Expect this feature within the next month.

- Himath

• I have tested OrangeHRM-2.2 and happy to find that I can add custom employee IDs.
    Manilal