Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Import error

2010-04-23
2013-06-05
  • Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2010-04-23

I tried importing from a csv file and I get the following:

Warning
    fopen(C:\Program Files\OrangeHRM\2.5.0.3\htdocs\orangehrm-2.5.0.3/lib/confs/temp/_temp4bd0736a0b71d2.24559167) : failed to open stream: No such file or directory
    Technical Details
    Encountered the problem in C:\Program Files\OrangeHRM\2.5.0.3\htdocs\orangehrm-2.5.0.3\lib\models\eimadmin\import\CSVSplitter.php Line 88
    System Environment
    • OrangeHRM : 2.5
    • PHP : 5.2.8
    • MySQL Client : 5.1.30
    • Memory limit : 128M
    • Maximum session lifetime : 1440
    Please note
    The error was logged in the OrangeHRM log located in C:\Program Files\OrangeHRM\2.5.0.3\htdocs\orangehrm-2.5.0.3/lib/logs/logDB.txt

Does anyone have an idea

Thanks

GM

• According to the error message. It seems failed to open the CSV file.
    Can you provide us the steps you followed, so that we can reproduce the issue.

• Hi

Working with either Access 2003 or 2007, windows xp or Vista(32).

From Access I created a three field quiery. then I export it to excell and export as CVS.

Field 1 Last Name

Field 2 First name

Filed 3 EMP Number

On OrangeRM Created a Custom Import

Field 1 Last Name

Field 2 First name

Filed 3 EMPid

Then tried to import and that created the error message.

Created Custom field and tried this import

Field 1 Last Name

Field 2 First name

Filed 3 Emp Number (custom field)

Same Problem

I just looked in the C:\Program Files\OrangeHRM\2.5.0.3\htdocs\orangehrm-2.5.0.3/lib/confs/temp

There is no TEMP folder. Tried to put one in and was told that tTEMP was being used either by a file or folder. I found a file called TEMP
    I renamed the file to TEMP2 Now the it imports 1 record and its stuck at :
    Upload Successful. Continuing with Data Import

It will up import the next record but only the next record never giving me error duplicate record

Thanks

Gaetan

• I think you have used a windows in built file extracter to to extract orangehrm zip file, please use a tool such as winzip, That is the reason for temp directory issue.
    First try to create an export using the ornagehrm. open that file and check the structure, create your import according to that strcture.
    Please refer the orangehrm user guide for further information.

• Hi Zanfer

This is happening with the one click also which is a exe file and does not use an extracter
    any ideas

Gaetan

• I will check the one click installer and get you back

• I also manualy installed after using WINzip and the temp folder is there but I can only import 51 records. When I try again it informs me
    the ones I originally imported cannot be imported because they would be doubled. That part I understand (the part of doubling records)
    but it does not import the rest of the records.

Thanks

Gaetan

• One solution is to remove the duplicated records from the CSV and import the remaining.

• Have you had a chance to see why one click does not generate the temp folder but generates a temp file

Thanks

Gaetan

• Yes, extractor extract empty folder as a file. One click installer was based on nsis. Will be fixed in the next version.

• Thank you for looking into that.

I also found out why on the manual install it would not import all my records.
    It appears that for "middle name" the data base does not accecpt a NULL.
    Here not everyone has a middle name so the import would stop on everyone that did not have a middle name.

Thanks

Gaetan

• temp folder related issue is fixed in orangehrm 2.5.0.5.exe, Following defect reported on the middle name issue.
    3017503 Cannot import csv if the middle name is empty

• I got it to work, but still my member list didnot update. I updated all counters after the import and the member is still 0 and my post count is 0. How can I fix this?

• I think you have used a windows in built file extracter to to extract orangehrm zip file, please use a tool such as winzip, That is the reason for temp directory issue.
    First try to create an export using the ornagehrm. open that file and check the structure, create your import according to that strcture.
    Please refer the orangehrm user guide for further information.

• Companies with large employee numbers might need to install several clocking points in order to speed up the process of getting all employees to clock in or out quickly or to record activity in dispersed locations.