Upgrade to 2.6

OrangeHRM
2010-04-06
2013-06-05
  • Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2010-04-06

I cannot find any upgrade instructions to 2.6.

I tried following the 2.4 -> 2.5 upgrade instructions found elsewhere in the forums (Search "upgrade".) but it was only partially successful. It seems that I can access most Admin fuctions (Haven't tried them all.), but none of the normal users work completely. Some menus work OK, but opon login and at any time when trying to access ESS I get the following error.

Mon, 29 Mar 2010 04:46:31 -0700 : Error :\nMySQL Query Error : SELECT JOBTIT_CODE, JOBTIT_NAME FROM hs_hr_job_title WHERE `is_active` = 1 ORDER BY JOBTIT_NAME ASC\nTech Info\n--------\nUnknown column \'is_active\' in \'where clause\'

I've tried this with several users, including new ones made within 2.6, but no go. Instructions would be great.

• Mafaz Mazeen
    Mafaz Mazeen
    2010-04-06

HI,

Still there is no upgrader for 2.6.
    They will provide it within few weeks. The 2.4 >> 2.5 upgrader won't work for this.

Regards,
    Dulitha

• 2.6 is still not production ready. We're still having the final round of testing. Once 2.6 is marked stable, we'll start working on the upgrader.

• This missing column also happens on a fresh installation. of the BETA 2.6.

If this is at BETA with the missing column from the dbscript.sql .. yikes .. :oops:
    I downloaded this copy as of May 20, 2010, manual linux installation.

I have not tested this past where I am now with OrangeHRM, but it shut down the most fundamental part of the application.. the employees.
    So to even try the product this is what I did, you will need some basic MySQL understanding here.

Code to Fix:

ALTER TABLE hs_hr_job_title ADD COLUMN is_active tinyint(1) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL;
    ALTER TABLE hs_hr_job_title ADD INDEX (is_active);

Next, I was able to create and update employees, and login under the ESS.

Beware when an upgrade is released this may cause an error that the column already exists, and could cause many other issues that I can't even think of.

Also this could be entirely wrong column definition for this table, hopefully an OrangeHRM developer will provide us with a updated and correct ALTER TABLE statement for those of us who want to test our OrangeHRM before the update is released.

Other then this hick-up I have not found anything else show stopping. :)

Thanks!

•     2.6 is still not production ready. We're still having the final round of testing. Once 2.6 is marked stable, we'll start working on the upgrader.

Hi all, since 2.6 is stable for almost a month now, are there any news on when the upgrade script will be ready?
    Cheers

• Also waiting for this

• Any news from the OrangeHRM team? I've just had someone spend 4 days entering data into OrangeHRM just to find out we'd been using v2.5 - now that I need to upgrade to 2.6 for the more organised recruitment module and the new performance review module, I find myself with no script or anything to execute. I'm tempted to write one myself, but we're extremely busy at the moment.

Has anyone got a script which does this for you? The OrangeHRM team - seems people have been wanting this since March! Any luck?

• We are in a same boat.

Eagerly awaiting for an 2.5->2.6 upgrade instruction/code.

Cheers.

• 2.6 is still not production ready. We're still having the final round of testing. Once 2.6 is marked stable, we'll start working on the upgrader.

• I've just had someone spend 4 days entering data into OrangeHRM just to find out we'd been using v2.5 - now that I need to upgrade to 2.6 for the more organized recruitment module and the new performance review module , I find myself with no script or anything to execute. I'm tempted to write one myself , but we're extremely busy at the moment .

• It's almost october. Where is scipt?

• me too waiting for the up-grader 2.5.0.1 -> 2.6.0.2

• Guys, it is now December. Any news on the upgrader from 2.5?

Regards,
    Dimitris.