Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

how keep the deployed portelts permanently in Liferay and to do the same for the created users even after restarting Liferay

sunil
2013-03-22
2013-04-02
  • sunil
    sunil
    2013-03-22

Once i run the liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0.5\liferay-portal-6.0.5\tomcat-6.0.26\bin\startup.bat, I will deploy the portlets by copying the innovice.war to liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0.5\liferay-portal-6.0.5\deploy folder, and I create roles and users and will go on working but my problem is
    after shutting down the liferay by liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0.5\liferay-portal-6.0.5\tomcat-6.0.26\bin\shutdown.bat , if I re-run the startup.bat all the users which i created are not available in Liferay and am not able to login with the newly created users and even the pages with portlets which I copied are also not available, so i have to create pages again and i have to choose add-applications to copy all the portlets one by one, I am doing this again and agian each time I restart the Liferay. :-(

So plz help me keeping the pages with portlets permanently in the Liferay and to do the same for created users :-) :-)

• Javier Paniza
    Javier Paniza
    2013-03-25

Hi Sunil,

I think that you have a problem with you're Liferay installation. Just download Liferay and install it again.

Help others in this forum as I help you.
    Need more help? Get OpenXava professional support.

• sunil
    sunil
    2013-03-25

I followed the instructions which u have explained in your text book, and i am getting this problem whenever i shutdown and restart the Liferay Apache server...

• Javier Paniza
    Javier Paniza
    2013-03-27

Hi Sunil,

when you add pages or portlets in Liferay, those pages are there for ever. It's the way Liferay works, it's not related with OpenXava.

I think that you have a problem with you're Liferay installation. Just install Liferay again.

• sunil
    sunil
    2013-03-30

Hi Javier Paniza,

There is no problem with my Liferay, I downloaded the the liferay-portal-tomcat-6.0.5, around 2 or 3 times and I followed the procedure which is there in your text book, but after restarting my Liferay server cant login with newly created user and pages with portlets are not there.

But if I use latest Liferay version liferay-portal-tomcat-6.1.1-ce-ga2-20120731132656558 its working fine, I mean the users will be there even after restarting the server but problem is there is no support for Openxava in this version yet I think, Because when I copy Invoicing.war file to deploy folder its not all disappearing and in add application menu my project with portlets are not at all listing out.

This is the video demo of my problem:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abj9SqO73vA

Plz help me out, and give me a link of best working Liferay version to download which you thinks good.

• sunil
    sunil
    2013-04-02

I got it!!!

Instead of copying context.xml from openxava tomcat to liferay tomcat, I added the necessary lines to the present context.xml which is located in the liferay tomcat only.

So I have no more problems related to users and portlets.... :-)

• Javier Paniza
    Javier Paniza
    2013-04-02

Hi Sunil,

So I have no more problems related to users and portlets

I'm glad for you

BTW, OpenXava 4.7 (released just today) supports Liferay 6.1