Security with LDAP Active Directory

2012-11-23
2012-11-27
  • mike waring
    mike waring
    2012-11-23

Hi All

I have a need to configure a standalone OX application to use Active Directory login.  There is only one article i can find which deals with this and i wondered if anyone had any advice.  I have the app requesting logins but then i cannot get authenticated.  I need to set up a logging system to find out what is going wrong.  Any help much appreciated.

• mike waring
    mike waring
    2012-11-26

(In addition to above) Please note that further to this I am unable to edit the tomcat settings on the production server which i am using so i am having to include all the necessary security constraint and realm information in the application's context.xml and web.xml files.  There seem to be zero examples online which follow this requirement for app level configuration, but as far as I understand, in theory it should be possible.

• Javier Paniza
    Javier Paniza
    2012-11-27

Hi

There is only one article i can find which deals with this
    You're referring to this article:
    http://jptarqu.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/authenticate-openxava-users-with.html

This article is about OpenXava, I think you could find more articles if you find about how to configure LDAP for any Tomcat applications.

Follow this requirement for app level configuration, but as far as I understand, in
    theory it should be possible
    I think so.
    Have you tried configuring Tomcat files? Does it work?

Unfortunately I have never made such configuration so I cannot give a direct tip. The good thing is that is not an issue spececific of OpenXava, so you can ask in generic site. Try to ask in stackoverflow with the tags: openxava, tomcat and ldap, maybe you get an answer there.

Help others in this forum as I help you.
    Before posting a question search this forum for the answer,
    and read the OpenXava documentation in openxava.org.