Help
alex il
2009-03-28
2013-06-12
  • alex il
    alex il
    2009-03-28

Hello,
    how to configure openxava to RTL - right to left hebrew arabic language?
    thank you.

• Javier Paniza
      Javier Paniza
      2009-03-31

> how to configure openxava to
      > RTL - right to left hebrew arabic > language?

A way to do so without touching OX code is to change the CSS to add the attribute dir="rtl".

It would be better to add to OX the ability to configure rtl attribute automatically depends on language. This is not difficult to implement.

• alex il
        alex il
        2009-03-31

please could you elaborate
        1.which CSS's files should be changed
        2.where to put dir="rtl"
        thank you in advance

• Javier Paniza
          Javier Paniza
          2009-04-01

> please could you elaborate 
          > 1.which CSS's files
          > should be changed
          If you are thinking in adding RTL to OpenXava it's better to follow this way:

1. Modify the web JSPs (but take note about the changes) of OpenXava until the application will be full RTL.

2. Look for a way to know if the language used is RTL, and use that condition in order that the application works fine either with not-RTL language or RTL languages. Of course, test it.

3. Create a path. Go to the "Feature Requests" tracker:
          https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=695746&group_id=123187&func=browse
          Add an issue "RTL languages support", and attach your path. I will revise the code, and surely ask you from some changes. When the code would be refined enough. I'll add it to OX, and it will available in next OX version.

> 2.where to put dir="rtl"
          Good question! I don't know. Now that is your work :)

• Anonymous
    2010-07-05

Hello,

I wonder what is the situation with rtl support? I see it has been some time since the last post in this thread, and i checked the tracker (from the link above), searched for RTL and found nothing.

Does openxava supports rtl now?

Thanks!

• Javier Paniza
    Javier Paniza
    2010-07-06

Hi GoogleAccounts,

Does openxava supports rtl now?

No.
    However you can add RTL support to OX and contribute it back to the project. I can guide you.

If you only want that the labels will be shown from right to left, maybe changing some value in CSS would be enough.
    On the other hand, if you want the tabs, the data in lists and colection, the order between labels and editors, and the order between groups or references in the same row, etc. will be shown from right to left. Then, it's a bit more complex.

Learn OpenXava by examplesGet the book

• findatalus
    findatalus
    2013-06-10

Hi Javier

was RTL support been added in the last 3 years ?

thanks,
    Ben

• Javier Paniza
    Javier Paniza
    2013-06-12

Hi Ben,

was RTL support been added in the last 3 years ?

No. We need a volunteer willing to implement it, or at least someone used to RTL interfaces that could guide us about how OpenXava should render the view.
    Are you willing to help in this aspect?

Help others in this forum as I help you.
    Need more help? Get OpenXava professional support.