Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Disabling auto search on load

Help
Irshad
2013-01-13
2013-10-18
  • Irshad
    Irshad
    2013-01-13

Hi,

Is there a way of disabling the auto search when a module is loaded in the "List".
    I have a database table with lots of records. As soon as the module is loaded the records are searched. I could not find a way of disabling this auto search when the module is loaded.

Is this possible?

Thanks and regards,
    Irshad

• Javier Paniza
    Javier Paniza
    2013-01-15

Hi Irshad,

Is there a way of disabling the auto search when a module is loaded in the "List".

Yes. The user can do it himself just clicking in the link "Hide them" of the list, and the list data will be hidden until the user applies a filter. Moreover this behavior will be the default behavior for that module for ever, so the data will be hidden the next time the user access to that module. The user can restore the default behavior again clicking on the link 'Show them'.

Ask OpenXava questions on StackOverflow

• Irshad
    Irshad
    2013-01-15

Hi Javier,

Thank you for the response.
    Is there a way of setting the default to be always be hidden?
    I do not want the list to be ever displayed when the form is loaded.
    Even if the user change it, I want to reset back to hidden when the entity is recalled.
    Is this possible?

Kind regards,
    Irshad

• Javier Paniza
    Javier Paniza
    2013-01-17

Hi Irshad,

Is there a way of setting the default to be always be hidden?

Create an on-init action for your module with this code:

getTab().hideRows();

Do you consider intersting add a property in xava.property to force this behavior in a declarative way?

Ask OpenXava questions on StackOverflow

• gregorio
    gregorio
    2013-10-16

Hi Javier.
    Yo lo considero interesante.

• Javier Paniza
    Javier Paniza
    2013-10-18

Hola Gregorio,

Yo lo considero interesante.

Añádelo a OpenXava y contribuye el código, lo incluiremos. Es algo sencillo, perfecto para empezar a contribuir código a OpenXava.

Ayuda a otros en este foro como yo te ayudo a ti.